Another Crocheter Confession

I love my big hooks. DH and I made some big ones and I admit it takes a bit of getting used to in the beginning. I also use a size or two smaller when I make my foundation row. It just looks neater IMO.

I think with the bigger hooks it's usually best to use two or three strands.

I used to crochet really tightly with an F hook. I slowly made my way up to the log sized hooks and I love them for making quick 2 strand afghans!

My favorite is a C. I do it about all with it. I even do some thread work if I am using the C Addi. I like the pointed hooks too. I gave away some old bates hooks I had cuz I couldn't stand the rounded tip. I will go up to a G if I have to but only if I have to. If I am doing tight thread work I use a 7 though. I think I have a H, I and J but I am not even sure! LOL Friend wanted to show me something and when I held out my work and hook she went to use it, threw down my hook and asked how I could use such a tiny thing! I am able to change the tightness of my stitches depending on my yarn weight too. On the average though I crochet loose so that is why I use a smaller hook, I guess.

Archived