the best project for brginners to improve knitting skills??

q8_crochet

hello

as you read in the title

what are the best projects for a begginer knitter to improve knitting skills??:think

i`m startins with dish cloths i hope they are good and usefull:blush

what else can i do???:think

Dishcloths are a great beginner project. You could start it with a few rounds of garter stitch, then just do garter on the first and last 6 stitches, and the rest in stockinette.....or you could use ribbing of p1,k1 instead of the garter...or you could do a few alternating rows of ribbing, garter and stockinete...all of these will improve your skills. Other good ideas are scarves and potholders. You could always practice and frog too...I did that many nights in front of the t.v. when I was just learning. Good luck and good knitting. Hugs, D

I agree, dish cloths are a great project for a beginner. Scarves are good, too. My first project was a scarf...it was basically a long strip of practice knit and purl stitches. Funny, it isn't the most fancy thing I've made but it is still one of my favorite and warmest scarves. It also helps to use a yarn that you really enjoy working with - doesn't have to be fancy or expensive, just something in a color and texture that you enjoy. Have fun knitting! :yarn

Okay, Athba, I'm here!! :yay

I might be able to dig out those pointy sticks and try a dishcloth tomorrow... :knitI really would like to be comfortable knitting, and I'm sorry I never continued doing it when I was first shown how to years ago. I still think it will never replace crocheting for me.

Fantastic idea for a thread!!!

I consider myself a begginer in knitting, even though I have a few FO's under the belt already. I have made a few hats, dishcloths, scarves and recently I have started my 3rd pair of mittens. I had started "Brooke's falling leaves" scarf pattern....I learned quite a bit with that one, but it ended up being a bit TOO much of a challenge LOL. However, it was good to learn how to purl thru the back loops and to make lace holes .

Archived