books devoted to thread?

NanaM3

In my grandmother's time there were separate pattern books/mags for crocheting with thread ... from dresses to hats to layettes to decor. Do any of you know of a source for any being printed now? When I get a crochet magazine it might have one thread pattern and all the rest is yarn.

There are a number being published in Europe. I buy 3-4 every month, and each one has about 15 thread patterns--mostly doilies, table mats, coasters, but sometimes pillows or curtains, and the occasional edging or novelty item ("sun catchers" for the window or crocheted flowers).

I'd like to make some of these available on Etsy, but I'm not really into promoting or advertising, and I've had trouble figuring out something reasonable to charge. (I'm not going to buy the magazines, shoot usable pictures, and take the trouble of uploading them and listing items, plus making extra trips to the PO for orders just for the fun of it. :) )

And, of course, the magazines available to me are in Polish, so only crocheters experienced in reading diagrams can use them--but the diagrams are not hard to follow.

I was out on eBay looking for/at crochet books (:blush) and I found a shop that seemed to have a nice number of books. In looking at all the titles that they had, I found this one. It was a book of all thread crochet - at least according to the title! The cover shows thread edgings and I don't know what's inside (:think), but it might be worth a little bit of additional checking on your part.

Just thought you'd like to know (:hook).

Archived