My friend's bad year....

TammyG

Thank you, thank you!! Yesterday received 2 from Jeannie/Loopy 1 called The Circle of Friends with such a nice message written. I also received two beautiful squares from Rose in FL (sorry don't have ville name with me). I will post updated pics in a day or so.

I am going to edge them all in Aran and put it together with Aran. Thank you to everyone. I really didn't know if I should ask and your generousity has really touched me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, I have almost enough squares. I'm gonna make 4 more. I have most of them bordered and then I'll start putting it together. Kinda got behind on Christmas projects, so trying to get those done. I also started another comfortghan for a student's sister who is in 9th grade and fighting cancer right now. So I am alternating between the two...Will post pics when I can...

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you to the person from Leominster, MA. I may have misplaced your note, so I'm not sure of your ville name. Your square was so pretty she will love it...

I will be putting this together this weekend and giving it to my friend Deidre. Talking to her yesterday, she has had another blow....her sister is going in for surgery on 12/26, she has pancreatic cancer. If they can't remove all of the cancer, she has been given about a year to live.

So I thank all the angels on here that have sent squares and I want to get this to Deidre before her sister's operation. So thank you....

I finished all squares and edging tonight. Hope to put it together some time tomorrow, as her sister goes in for operation on Wed. So we shall see, again a huge Thank you!!! to everyone who sent a square..

I gave her the comfort ghan today, she was so touched by it and couldn't believe it. Thankfully her sister does not have pancreatic cancer.

th_crochet153.jpg clickable

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure you have heard of the saying Cied Mile Failta "A hundred Thousdand Welcomes" or the song 525,600 minutes in a year; well I wanted to say One Hundred Thousand Thank you's along the same line, for the wonderful ghan that Yall made for me. I loved the different squares and the kind thoughts. My husband and I were truly touched by your hard work and your kindness. You have all brought a very beautiful end to a very difficult year!!!!! 2008 has got to be better!! I dont think that the picture that Tammy took did her beautiful quilt justice. It looks so much better wrapped around my daughter as she recovers from foot surgery. Your comfort is now comforting her:)

Thank you all again and a big THANK YOU to Tammy!

Happy New Year to all,

Keep up your mission to bring joy to others. It really brightened my day!:c9 Deirdre Falla

• 4 weeks later...

Archived