Michael's yarn ?

The Michael's where I live has now sold most of its red heart brand yarn and now is only selling Lionbrand or Vanna White yarn:eek I guess its on line shopping for me! Has anyone else seen this happening? I don't mind shopping online, but its fun walking into a store and seeing the yarn up close.

Yes, I have noticed that our Michael's has very limited colors in Redheart WW. The Meijers by me has no WW redheart are all. Joann's, Hobby Lobby and WalMart on the other hand, have all the new colors of Red Heart plus the normal ones. :hook

I was just at the Michael's near where I work on Sunday, and the RHSS was stocked full. I guess I will keep an eye out and see if they keep it stocked. I don't usually buy it there (unless they have a color that I need and no one else has), since I can get it cheaper at WM and Hobby Lobby.

It's not just you. I noticed most of the older yarns were gone from the store I go to. What was there was well stocked, but most of the baby yarns were gone and it semed there were fewer colors of Simply Soft. What shocked me like you said was the limited color choices of Red Heart. Just the basic colors, nothing special.

It made sense why Hobby Lobby, which was across the street, was sold out of a lot of the Red Heart colors the same day. Just based on this store alone, I can't see how this will help Michael's long term, but they must have some deal with Lion Brand or something.

I've noticed this for a while at Michael's. I have two within ten miles of my house, so whichever one I am closer to, I visit.

Both stores seem to be going for the more pricey yarn.

And my HobbyLobby is reducing their RH supplies too.:(

It's just such a classic, that it is a shame.

:manyheart

Archived