can anyone help me?

Glad you caught me Tampa Doll - I guess I read it wrong.:blush

Sorry, didn't mean to sound pompus. I was saying no to how horselvr was reading the patten, not you. I should of said "the way I read it". These patterns can drive you crazy, I usually have to read them a couple of times and sometimes write them down, before I attempt them.

Shoot I thought twice before I posted, infact, the first time I posted, I was totally wrong, then I deleted it.:eek

I hear you there, sometimes I have to read these patterns four and five times! The last thread project I did was "easy 4 hr table runner" well it took me 4 hrs just to read and re-read the pattern!! Then another 4 to make the item!!! I have never thought of writing it down, what a great idea, I will have to give that a try, thanks!

Sorry, didn't mean to sound pompus. I was saying no to how horselvr was reading the patten, not you. I should of said "the way I read it". These patterns can drive you crazy, I usually have to read them a couple of times and sometimes write them down, before I attempt them.

Shoot I thought twice before I posted, infact, the first time I posted, I was totally wrong, then I deleted it.:eek

You didn't sound pompous! We can all read patterns wrong. I'm just glad you were there to catch it. :manyheart:hug

I'm crochetinh a snowflake out of thread and the pattern say, *ch 3 [2 tr crochet in next stitch]twice* i know how todo this but does it meen to do it twice in the same stitch!!!!!!!!!!????????:think thanks, horselvr:)

I have an odd question on the question, "is the apostrophe (*) part of the actual pattern or did you just use it to separate that part from the rest of your post?"

That would change how I read it, giving two options:

--If it's actually, "*ch 3 [2 tr crochet in next stitch]twice*", then I'd read it as "ch 3, 2 trebles in next st, ch 3, 2treble in next st"

If it DOESN'T have the apostrophe (*) in it on the pattern, "ch 3 [2 tr crochet in next stitch]twice", then I would read it as "ch 3, 2 tr in each of the next 2 st" (done w/o the chain 3 in the middle).

Sandy (sorry, my brain can work in VERY odd ways at times)

Archived