Cinderella Afghan by Leisure Arts...just want to know...

I thought I saw a while back a member who had done the Disney Princess afghan from this book: http://www.herrschners.com/products/product.aspx?sku=344212...and I wanted to know if anyone else has done it and how long it took them to complete the project. I am 1/3 away from having the "canvas" (what I'm calling it) crocheting (which is just 158 rows of 110 scs) done. How long did it take you to finish the cross stitch and embroidary? I'm wanting to have this done by end of this month (which might be extremely ambitious) but most definately in time to send in the mail for Christmas to my neice...

I've never done cross stitch before, but I think I can more than handle it. I have done bits of embroidary before though...

I promise to share pics when I'm done.

So has any one else done any of these afghans before? Would you be willing to share a pic in this thread?

I just got this book myself, but I haven't started anything in it yet. But I wanted to ask you, are you sc'ing the whole thing and then cross stitching it? Because I thought maybe I could use the afghan stitch.

Carol:hook

I just got this book myself, but I haven't started anything in it yet. But I wanted to ask you, are you sc'ing the whole thing and then cross stitching it? Because I thought maybe I could use the afghan stitch.

Carol:hook

The instructions say for the main part of the afghan in main color (soft white) to sc...however I was thinking one could do the afghan stitch for that since the rest of it (except the border) is crossstitched and other embroidary stitches...let me know how you do...

I hate cross stitching and mine looks like a two year old did it. LOL

Which is why I never got the book. :thair

But are the patterns simple graphs that can be crocheted? Or are the characters outlined in black which is less than an entire square?

(Does anyone understand what I'm asking?)

Which is why I never got the book. :thair

But are the patterns simple graphs that can be crocheted? Or are the characters outlined in black which is less than an entire square?

(Does anyone understand what I'm asking?)

It is a graph that I think could be tapestry'd crochet, but there would still have to be some outlined embroidary for defination...also there are some cross stitches called 3/4 stitches that would have to be done for the eyes especially...

I'm willing to tackle the cross stitching. My embroidary's not the best, but I think I'll be okay...

If anyone does this afghan via tapestry crocheting, share pics...

Yup they are simple color graphs. The only outlining will be the eyelashes and any other small detail you personally want to do.

Look at these two afghans done by Tampa Doll. She printed out graphs and did what I plan to do:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3899&page=4&highlight=disney

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6757&page=5&highlight=disney

And one of her princess afghan in progress:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3992&page=3&highlight=disney

If you look through all three threads you'll see progress from start to finish.

:)

Actually any graph can be used for crochet. You just count 1 block per stitch. The princess afghan I made was a combo of 3 cross stitch graphs. I hand outlined them, but I would not do that again, as it is not necessary.

The Tinker the DH made the graph for me with PC Stitch Deluxe and the Dora I got from a web site.

I do not like to sew or cross stitch or embrodery, actually anything that has to do with a needle that has an eye in it.

I have done all mine in SC, I tried the other and it hurt my wrist. But some of the Tunsin afghans are just beautiful.

Sorry I can not help you with the amount of time it takes to cross stitch the pattern on.

Hope you will show it to us when it is done.:hook

Oh absolutely I'll share pics...and I did check out your threads that Empress posted in here, great job on those afghans Tampa...beautiful work...the niece I'm making the Cinderella afghan for is also a Dora nut...

Thanks for the info.

I thought I'd give an update on the progress on the Cinderella afghan. I have the crocheting of the "canvas" done and have started the cross stitching. I have about 8 or so rows done, but I keep making mistakes in the counting. The back is not gonna be pretty, but I'm just not gonna worry about it...in fact what I might do is sew on a piece of flannel on the back when it's done...it will still look pretty and be that much more warmer you know? Basically though the stitching is going faster than I expected, and would be even faster if I wasn't missing a space or two...once I get into a good clip, I'm doing fine. The only other real problem is Serenghetti who just thinks this cross stitching is the greatest thing going because of the yarn being pulled in and out...we've had words...

So, we'll see how it goes, I know I have a long way to go...I just started the cross stitching in the last hour or so with breaks, and it's late here, so tomorrow when I'm fresh we'll see how far I really get...

I remember your thread Kitten...and it was my intention to just stitch through the top threads...but it's just not working out like I would like...sooooo I just decided to heck with it and I go through to the other side and like I said in an earlier post, I could put a flannel backing on it when I'm done...(and I have flannel here, so it's not gonna be a problem...I just got my Herschnerr's catelog today and I think I saw that Wish Bear afghan...or something similar...how far along are you now?

Good luck...and I look forward to seeing your project done...

Archived