Has anyone thought of making play food?

I've been on a crochet food kick lately, not sure why. Ive done my Insomnia Nachos, donuts, cookies etc. Then a thought came to me. With all the toy recalls, I'm scared to death to buy a child anything, why not back to basics. Crochet food for them to play with. No lead to worry about. My mind has been working overtime, I think the possibilities are endless. I am working on several ideas. So my question is. Do you think crochet food has marketability?

If I had human grandchildren I'd much rather they have crocheted toys instead of regular, mass-produced toys. In fact, come to think of it, I would have loved to have played with crocheted food as a kid! All my children and grandchildren are furbabies! :cat

Even now, as an old fogie, I think it would be a hoot to have a bag of your chips tumbled out on the counter. :lol

I say there is a market, just like there is a market for crochet toys. Seeing as how there won't be a recall for lead in yarn ( well lets hope not anyway right :lol) I think they are safe easy alternatives to regular toys. You know how they are made, what is in them and how safe they are.

thats what I thought. There are several people with small children that I know, so I'm gonna make them something for Christmas. Oh my goodness, I just looked on Etsy(ok I'm ashamed to say I didn't know what it was) I've seen it in peoples sigs but just never knew what it was lol. there is everything on there. Amazing. I'm thinking back to basic toys are the way to go this yr. I'm sure some comany will maybe jump on the bandwagon with this idea. Little kids love play food, no sharp edges etc. Thanks for the replys

Archived