Serendipity

I just learned a new stitch! (Foundation single crochet.)

Which I will use in the Sera Lace Top shown below from the new Interweave Crochet.

http://www.interweavecrochet.com/issue/materials_listf07.asp#chan

Using some Patons Evita which I found at Dollar Tree this afternoon.

I've been wanting to do a lightweight, lacy sweater or vest, and I think this yarn will do the trick.

I'll let you know how it goes. Anybody else working on this?

I'm not working on that pattern but I love that foundationless single crochet chain! It's defiantly one of my favorite stitches that I have learned since picking up crocheting again and actually teaching myself all this new (to me!) wonderful stuff.

OK - frogged that - there are too many changes I'll have to make from a size 2 yarn to a bulky size 5.

Going in search of a pattern I can live with. Or I'll make something up.

I agree, now that I've worked with the foundation sc, I'll have to build it into more projects. It's actually pretty fun when you get into the rhythm of it.:hook

I will have to go check my Dollar Tree!

People use the sc chain because often when you do a chain and crochet into it, it turns out to be too tight and makes your piece curl or curve. However, I don't seem to have this problem so prefer not to use it because when I go back to add an edging and crochet in the bottom loops it doesn't work as well as a regular chain. I do use it a lot for buttonholes though. And it makes a nice cord for a drawstring.

That is a beautiful top. A typical Doris Chan creation. :)

She incorporates the foundation stitch into all her patterns now. I'd love to master it, but I still have a little problem with it. I'll get it somehow though. There's a few of her patterns I want to try (in particular, the shrug that's on the cover of the latest "Crochet Today."

And maybe this one (if I can find the latest "Interweave Crochet"....maybe I'll break down and subscribe).

Archived