My footbag

shelly_bean

sadly gone too small. :sigh can I just give props to all you ladies who work with thread :clap It was way killer on my hands. anyway my hackey sack for babies ( disclaimer not actually going to give to a baby, just commenting on the size :lol):hook

(clickable)

here it is in my hand. way to small. :no

th_100_2226.jpg

here is oreo licking it. she thought it tasted good i guess. :lol

th_100_2266.jpg

Very cool. I made one for a friend here at work at the beginning of summer. It's kinda squished flat now. I kinda made up the pattern as I went and used #10 thread with a larger hook. I used the toe of an old stocking to keep the pellets from escaping. He's really happy with it still, even if it is kinda squishy.

I think yours is great. I like the color and it looks like the pupy is enjoying it too :P

That's awesome! I think the size is fine...it doesn't apear to be THAT much smaller to me. Barely noticable!

I never thought about making hackey sacks! My son LOVES those and it's beginning to get popular in his school. I should try that lol

Is it a free pattern by any chance? If so can you share the link?? :0D

~~Cheri~~

It looks great! I don't think size is a problem. It might require a little more skill to use, but guys are usually up for a challenge like that!

I want to make three of them to be used for juggling, as a Christmas gift. But I'm not sure I'll get to it. Too many things on my list!!!

Juggling balls is a great idea.

yup free free free, my fav kind. ( this btw is not the pattern I posted about in the help section which I didn't even try because my brain hurt just trying to figure it out.:D) http://home.swbell.net/amjack/hackyspi.htm obviously i didn't do the color change, and I added about 3 rows to the middle so mine was about 26 rounds instead of 23. I also foolishly didn't use the nylon for the pellets and had a heck of time keeping them inside while trying to finish it.. so mental note, use the nylon way easier than trying to keep them inside.

Archived