Cell phone bag and little toy bags--pic heavy

Kiirs

I recently got my first-ever cell phone and since I don't wear belts and don't have the handy cell phone clip-on pouches, I decided right away that I needed a cross-the-shoulder bag to keep it in. So I made this bag up. After I finished it I decided I didn't love the bright orange and dark green stripes, but oh well. It didn't take long and I can easily make more in other colors. It's been really handy so far. I was surprised that I could make up a pattern. :) I thought I'd never get to that point.

th_cellbag.jpg

After I had worn this for a few days my three children started begging for little tote bags for their toys, so I obliged. This pink one is done with Sugar N' Cream cotton yarn and I totally LOVE it. I tried to convince my 4-year-old to let me have it back but she wouldn't hear of it. :lol She and I had tons of fun embellishing it. She's very much a girly girl and loves everything pink, ribbons, beads, etc.

th_pinkpurse.jpg

th_girlygirl.jpg

I haven't done my oldest daughter's bag yet, but here's my son's. He wanted one to carry his turtles and Legos around. My 8-year-old daughter started it but then got tired, so I finished it for her. I think I need to line it, though. She used double crochets and it's pretty stretchy and hole-y.

th_bluetoybag.jpg

th_toybagofturtles.jpg

Archived