Angels For Hope

Guest LilyBear1968

Guest LilyBear1968

Have any of you heard of Angels For Hope? I was sent a link to their site over the weekend. They make angels, smilies, butterflies to send out to people that are hurting, sick, need a day brightener. All you do is request one of their goodies to be made and who you want it to be sent to and someone will make it and send it to that person.

I signed up with them once I visited their site, but haven't heard anything from them yet :( . And I was getting so excited about helping out with brightening someone's day.

Anyways, the site can be found here.

Angel Wings Around ^^^You^^^

Lily

• 3 weeks later...
Guest LilyBear1968

Thanks Lora,

I have finally heard from Cindy this week. I had started to think that my request to help out did not actually go through. Now all I have to do is master the pattern. I have never made small creatures before, so I hope it is something that I can easily accomplish :) .

• 2 years later...

Thanks for posting this. I made a request for two dear friends going through a tough time this past Christmas. The angels I requested arrived and my friends really enjoyed them and it made their day! :c9

I am a member and have been for quite some time. I love it. Happy to see others signing up and requesting. I had posted about it earlier and am glad to see it posted again. I mainly crochet the angels as I love making them. Have done a few butterflies and smiley faces too. All is needed. I am trying to get my basket filled with angels again .. they all flew away.......... All of the items are a good take along project and I always have my bag ready.

• 4 months later...

I know this post is a bit older - but I signed up with Angels of Hope over a month ago and never heard anything back. If anyone is a member, can you tell me what else I need to do. I like the idea of the project and am more than willing to help out. Thanks!

I also signed up and have never heard from anyone. I also did ask that a butterfly be sent to a little girl with cystic fibrosis. I've never heard whether that butterfly was sent out either. I was wondering about it but now think I'll reapply...maybe they were just overwhelmed. I hope to hear back!

I was a member a while back. I never made angels. I only made butterflies. I do remember that it took a while for me to hear from them once I had applied. I am no longer a member so I don't know what's happening there now.

The angels that are sent are beautiful. I know some who have received them and they were always well pleased. I believe they are also tax exempt so if you keep your receipts you can deduct from your taxes.

I'm a member of A4H and I love it!!! It did take some time for Cindy to get back to me at the beginning but it's a well run group. I Highly recommend it. I'm doing one Angel and one Butter (butterfly) a week, it's your choice. I suggest if you've been waiting for any length of time to go ahead and request approval again. I heard about them when I rec'd an Angel when someone requested one for me this last time I was in the hospital. As most of you know, I have leukemia and knowing others DO care makes a difference.

• 1 month later...

It takes them a while to get back to you but they do...it is a wonderful charity. I tried to make their Angel but just could not get the pattern,which they have changed 4 times. I wish I could have accomplished the art of the pattern but couldn't so I will donate to another cancer charity. There are so many needy charities out there and it is heart warming that so many from this site donate their time and effort to help the less fortunate. So proud to be a part of this wonderful site...

• 2 weeks later...

I just signed up. I've seen and heard about them in the past, and I think it's a great group, and a neat idea. It did say though, when I submitted, that it might take 4 weeks to hear back, so perhaps this is what happened? I just signed up today, so I'm not going to start worrying until sometime late September. :)

Victoria

• 3 weeks later...

Everyone who has signed up and hasn't heard from them, please don't give up. It does take awhile sometimes for them to get back to everyone. I have been a member for the past few years and do enjoy it. I love crocheting the angels and always have my bag ready to take along.

:manyheart

Archived