Steering Wheel Covers yes/no???

Would you buy crocheted steering wheel covers?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy crocheted steering wheel covers?

• Yes
    • No

I made one in cotton from a Crochetville Members pattern. It looked great & was tight enough because I crocheted around elastic. But it did get rough on my hands. Needed to be smoother.

I might try another this winter for warmth. Maybe homespun would work well for that? Of course the problem with soft yarn, is more slipping, so needs to be a snug fit.

I measured the diameter of my wheel & the circumference to gather the size I needed. Some cars do have those small wheels but I think most of the steering wheels are about the same size. Perhaps an adjustable one would be best if you're selling them, one that you can lace up or pull the elastic tighter & button it or keep looser for large wheels.

edit: This is the pattern I went by & she used a pic of my cover to go with the pattern...http://catscradlecreations.com/patterns/steeringwheel.html I used elastic but remember I still had to lace it in a few places because it was slipping too much.

edit: This is the pattern I went by & she used a pic of my cover to go with the pattern...http://catscradlecreations.com/patterns/steeringwheel.html I used elastic but remember I still had to lace it in a few places because it was slipping too much.

I'm just wondering if you know why she didn't just start and end by SC'ing around the elastic?

That is what I plan to do for the one I try. My friend has agreed to test it for me.

I do want to try matching covers for the steering wheel and the seat belts. (Those seat belts just about slice me to death if I don't hold on to them... how is that not a great danger to one's well being? )

Hi Darski,

I would LOVE to make one, buy one, if they made it in the colors to match myh car, I DO hope your planning on designing a pattern and sharing it with us! I have my car, all Winnie the Poohed out, so it would be lovely to add a matching wheel cover

Hugs

JoAnn

• 3 years later...
I like to make some items for a bazaar that a friend of mine contributes to each year at her church. I try to find items that people would like to have and won't see elsewhere.

I think steering wheel covers would be great in our Northern Winters and even the scorching summers we seem to get.

Just a quick straw poll to see if it would be a go or a no...

and if yes, ... bright or bland?

I agree that the steering wheel covers will be great for Northern Winters and even Summers that is why I'm using that one too.

Archived