so happy!

I am actually putting together the long strips for my very first ever afghan. And... it's amazing! I'm slip stitching it together and it really doesn't look that bad. I never realized how proud I could be over a project until I put together those first two rows and BAM!!! suddenly I actaully had a real afghan. I mean, I knew all along it was one but it never really hit me till right now. It actually makes all the sewing the squares into long strips and the 150+ tiny 4" squares I made worth it. I'm kind of sad it's for a friend but at least I know he'll like it! At any rate I do and I am a terrible perfectionist about my crocheting. :hook

If you can't find the cable go to your local RadioShack and buy a card reader, you might want to do that anyway saves you money in the long run cause you are not using your camera's battery. Make sure to get one that reads many different card types the best one is the 51-1 unit sells for 19.99. Yes I work at RadioShack but I have had customers thank me for talking them into buying these!

Thanks, sockmad. I just might do that. Not having to buy batteries all the time is defiantly something I would spend a bit of money to avoid.

Yes, and let's just say, that I am tired of making these squares now! But... only 60 left. I got a little burnt out so I'm making them and sewing them together immediately after now. Hopefully the change up will help with that. Just half left and then the border! I hope I have enough black yarn. Since I'm not at home and not near my yarn stash I meant to buy some at Michael's today. Well... I got the yarn for my purse swap and some (darn pretty colors! and sales!) but got back and realized I forgot the black yarn. Unfortunately it's about an hour with transit and walking to get to the darn store so I'm just praying it's enough!

Archived