Slippers under the tree CAL

darski

Question, how do you make the heel part tighter, I used my husband as a foot model as he has the similiar size foot to my brother in law and the ankle part is loosy/goosie

Depending on the style you use...

You can decrease a couple of stitches along the instep or towards the heel area if you are working a moccasin style. I always do this even for my Dora shoes

http://www.crochetandknitting.com/mocslip.htm

If you are working in dc or hdc you can work a shorter stitch close to the beginning and ending of a row if you are working on the 'toe-to back' style.

http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/visoppskrift.php?d_nr=98&d_id=7〈=en

Also for the toe to back style, on the last two rows you can work decreases in the middle of the rows. This creates a cupping of the heel and fits more comfortably. (This is the pattern where I learned this technique)

http://members.aol.com/elegantcrochet2/slipper.html

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi & thanks for the welcome!

I just started the soles of my slippers. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR my gage is off! I am working with 2 strands of yarn & size F crochet hook. My width is ok but my height (number of rows) is off! I'm making these for my SIL for Christmas & am afraid that they will be to big for her! Any advice?

decrease the number of rows to fit her size. I had that when I crocheted on slipper for my sister. the pattern was coming too short. My sister wears a bigger shoe size than I do, and the slipper finished wouldn't go onto my foot. So I frogged it and increased the heal by 6 stitches and went from there. It fits me loosely now. So it should be a nice fit for her. Oh remember to write down what you do as, you will have to make a second one. :)

Can you post a link to the pattern. It sounds like you can just do fewer rows but it will depend on the pattern.

Any slippers I have made with a sole are usually worked around a central chain so I would have to see the pattern to understand a different method.

OH y'all are TOO COOL! I am so new that I'm still in the dishcloth making mode. Then I wanna try a wool soaker~but OH how I wanna try my hand at slippers!!!!! Even though I'm not there yet, I am SO enjoying what y'all have created! (((((HUGS))))) sandi~inspired!

I love slippers because they are so easy... no really :eek

BTW, I just love your username :hug

This link was listed above but I will repeat it here.

http://members.aol.com/elegantcrochet2/slipper.html

If you want to try that one, we will talk you through it. :yes

Can you post a link to the pattern. It sounds like you can just do fewer rows but it will depend on the pattern.

Any slippers I have made with a sole are usually worked around a central chain so I would have to see the pattern to understand a different method.

Darski ~ I'm still learning what's allowed & not allowed here. It is a pattern that I bought about 15 yrs ago. Can I post just the part of the pattern that I'm working on & not the whole thing? (It's an Annie's Attic pamphlet called Simple Slippers)

Darski ~ I'm still learning what's allowed & not allowed here. It is a pattern that I bought about 15 yrs ago. Can I post just the part of the pattern that I'm working on & not the whole thing? (It's an Annie's Attic pamphlet called Simple Slippers)

It might be best if you PM me with the part that is being a challenge.

I think I need to post my pattern for slippers with a sole. It is so adaptable.

I'll be out for a while but will be back.

A suggestion for whomever was worried about slippery soles in nursing homes: my grandfather always wore crocheted slippers. We used t-shirt puff paint to put "nonskid" tread on the bottom.

Amanda

Umm...what's phentex? I don't normally make slippers. I've been crocheting for about ten years, and I've never heard of this amazing stuff.

Amanda

Phentex slipper and craft yarn is 100% Olefin fibers. The stuff is indestructable. After the nuclear war and the cockroaches are 6 feet long, this is the stuff they will use to crochet their slippers as the stuff will still be good. :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

http://www.yarn-and-threadbylisa.biz/Yarns/Phentex%20Yarns/phentex_yarns.htm

However, that being said... here is a link to a slipper pattern using phentex and a couple of other neat afghan patterns using other phentex yarns... really pretty ghans too

http://www.yarns-and.com/fabrics/Phentex/PHEpatterns.htm

I would just like to say that I'm jealous of all of you who have husbands that will wear crocheted slippers. Mine won't come anywhere near a crocheted article of clothing. I've thought about making him a sweater, but I think the effort will be wasted :shrug .

Oh well...

I would just like to say that I'm jealous of all of you who have husbands that will wear crocheted slippers. Mine won't come anywhere near a crocheted article of clothing. I've thought about making him a sweater, but I think the effort will be wasted :shrug .

Oh well...

today's Annie freebie is a sweater that he might be hard pressed to see as crochet...

http://www.anniesattic.com/free_pattern_day/index.html

Can I join you with the fun?:slipper I love all kind of slippers :c9 I love to make my own patterns for them. :yay

Absolutely you can join us :welcome

We love all slipper makers or wearers for that matter :wlol

Darski ~ I think I got my slipper soles figured out. Yea me!! (yes, my 2 dd love to watch The Suite Life of Zach & Cody) So I made both soles & now I can start working on the sides & top of the slippers.

Hi everyone ~ After working thru some problems, I finally got my slippers started! I baught this pattern about 15 yrs ago & made them for my sister (I don't remember having this much trouble making them back then). She loved them so much ~ she wore them out! These are the slippers that I'm attempting to make:

th_slipperboots.jpghopefully clickable!

I'm making these for my SIL for Christmas. She LOVES the Pittsburgh Penguins so I'm making them black with gold where the red/grenn is.

Okay, I have gotten three slippers crocheted, just three, not three pairs. On the one guy's slipper I have made, I put a leather sole on the bottom so that it won't be slippery. I really need to take pictures and post them. Hopefully tonight I will remember to take the camera home to do this. And I got a matched pair for my sister done. Now I just have 5 more to go to finish my Sister's familys presents.

Okay, I have gotten three slippers crocheted, just three, not three pairs. On the one guy's slipper I have made, I put a leather sole on the bottom so that it won't be slippery. I really need to take pictures and post them. Hopefully tonight I will remember to take the camera home to do this. And I got a matched pair for my sister done. Now I just have 5 more to go to finish my Sister's familys presents.

Boy, you really are moving along there. I can't wait to see the pics. :yes

Good for you.

I am all over this CAL. I think that this would be a great idea for getting a bunch of christmas presents out of the way.

Have been printing some patterns and can't wait to start.

** ooooh, ooh.... I just thought of a great idea. For those people that I plan to make slippers for, I am going to ask them to trace their foot on a piece of paper. That way, I could (if I really wanted to) cut out a piece of fabric (leather or pleather) and use that as the bottom of it.... *** thanks Ladykats for the Idea!!! We will see how it comes out!!

Archived