Baby Afghans for Children's Hospital UPDATE POST 51

badrhinogillett

I received a thank you letter from the hospital, and since you all contributed to the cause, I thought you would want to see it:

On behalf of the kids and families at Children's Hospital and Research Center Oakland, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your very generous donation of hand crocheted afghans to Children's.

Community support and donations have been integral to the success of Children's MIssion since the day we opened our doors 93 years ago. The children's smiles are made possible by the thoughtfulness and generosity of our community, and we thank you for your donation and for your efforts to cheer the kids at Children's.

Last year we had 10,700 inpatiend admissions, 200,000 clinic visits and nearly 60,000 emergency visits. Over 60% of our patients qualify for MediCal and an increasing number of families have no health coverage or inadequate coverage. We provide care for hours-old babies, for toddlers, adoclescents and teens to 18 years. As the designated trauma center for Northern California, our emergency room- the largest pediatric emergency room between Los Angeles and Seattle- assits children from throughout the state as well as from the local community. Your generosity helps brighten hundreds of lives.

Please accept my personal thanks, on behalf of the kids and families at Children's.

Once again 'Ville members, I am deeply grateful for all your help. If, in the comming year, you have a charity item that needs a home, I would be happy to see that it makes it's way to the hospital. This project has turned from a Chirstmas project to a year long one for me. Thank you again.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh that is a lovely letter. Thanks for sharing it with us! :manyheart I will definitely send you a couple of blankets for your batch next Christmas. Thank goodness it is 11 months until December to give us time to crochet :hookand save pennies for postage!:D

Best Wishes, Lindsay

Archived