I got over 12,000 yards of size 10 yesterday!

renegade

I ordered 12 pounds of grab bags from Elmore-Pisgah last week, and got my shipment yesterday.

In every grab bag, there was a giant, 1000+ yard ball of size 10 thread (11 are white, 1 is ecru). I was stunned that I got 12,000 yards of thread! I have no idea what I'm going to do with all of it, although I'm seriously thinking now of making myself a tablecloth. Maybe a bedspread, too. The possibilities are endless! :lol

I did notice that most of the thread has some dirt on the ends - it doesn't look like anything too serious, and I imagine it'll wash out pretty easily.

So, what do you all think I should do with all this white thread? :)

With Christmas coming, I'm thinking snowflakes. You could crochet a blizzard and probably still have plenty left for a tablecloth.

Sheryl

----------

Hmm, that's actually a good idea! I may very well do this.

OK

YOU WIN!!! :cheer :cheer :cheer

I ORDERED 4 PACKS

I wish the shipping wasn't more than the order!!

-----------

Yeah, that's why I ordered more (plus the other cones that I ordered). Hey, I hope you get great stuff, too! It was like Christmas last night.

I just ordered 5 grab bags and hope I get the white or ecru #10 thread. You can hold several strands together. I think white and ecru held together would make a very pretty color, maybe a handbag.

I have been looking at the grab bags but I didn't order any. The shipping costs to Alaska are OUTRAGEOUS! I did, however, order a couple cones of cream colored #10 thread at 11 .95 ea (2700 yds each) for a table runner I may or may not get to this year. I did oder a pack of metallic #10 Christmas thread($18.00). The balls are only 100 yds each and they are not destined for anything in particular yet but I'm sure I will find something fun soon. Its white wrapped in red and green metallic. Very pretty.

Sheryl

Archived