Amigurumi CAL

ami-gal

I'm just learning amigurumi, and I thought it would be cool to crochet amigurumi with all you guys! Whether you are a beginner (like me) or have been crocheting for a while, come and join! So pick either a new or fave pattern and crochet. Then we can post our pics on here of the finished product. Does this sound like fun? Thank you! :hook

I'm just learning amigurumi, and I thought it would be cool to crochet amigurumi with all you guys! Whether you are a beginner (like me) or have been crocheting for a while, come and join! So pick either a new or fave pattern and crochet. Then we can post our pics on here of the finished product. Does this sound like fun? Thank you! :hook

I'm new at amigurumi as well. I just finished my first one yesterday, and I have loads of red yarn still left:

amihawg.jpg

I would love to join you - and put it to good use at the same time! :clap

I'll be making a few more of the baby snow dragons. My one dragon is getting lonely and wants to play with someone. One will be with pink #10 thread. She'll be the baby. :lol And all of them will have thier own eggs to hatch. Like in the "Dragons of Pern" by Ann McCraffrey. I have to find gold yarn to make the golden dragon from the book. What is everyone else making?

I'll be making a few more of the baby snow dragons. My one dragon is getting lonely and wants to play with someone. One will be with pink #10 thread. She'll be the baby. :lol And all of them will have thier own eggs to hatch. Like in the "Dragons of Pern" by Ann McCraffrey. I have to find gold yarn to make the golden dragon from the book. What is everyone else making?

I can't wait to see her! I'll bet she's going to be adorable! I may have to try making one of those myself sometime soon!

I'm making a cat for my niece. I'm going to use the Lion Brand "Best Bunny" pattern (modified a wee bit, of course!). She wants a pink one and I don't have any pink yarn, so I'm really excited to have an excuse to go to the yarn store!

I can't wait to see her! I'll bet she's going to be adorable! I may have to try making one of those myself sometime soon!

I'm making a cat for my niece. I'm going to use the Lion Brand "Best Bunny" pattern (modified a wee bit, of course!). She wants a pink one and I don't have any pink yarn, so I'm really excited to have an excuse to go to the yarn store!

I haven't tried making a bunny yet. There are a few things I've started but never finished. I'm trying to think how I can turn it into something else instead. I haven't been on the lion brand website in a while. Maybe I'll go there and look around.

here is my finished ami...

kittyamigurumi.jpg

this pic really doesn't do her justice...i have a webcam and a camera phone but not a real digital camera (yet!) so i have to make do for now... but i gave the kitty to my niece earlier today and she loves her and that's the most important thing! ;)

i can't wait to see all of your finished ami's!!

http://www.crochetkitten.com/files/Crochet_Kitten_Hook_Holder.pdf

I don't have a skein with the pink tones, but I do have a sugar'n'cream that's white with bits of blue and green and yellow.

I did get hubby to buy me an "F" hook when he went to Wally-World this evening, and he came home with an "E", but that's probably providence, since I crochet loose. (And since we spent almost $400 at the vet:cat on Friday, I figured if he got me the hook without complaining, I'm CERTAINLY NOT going to complain that he got the wrong size hook! :whew)

This will be my first ami - I've never really been into it before, but that darn kitten was just TOO cute to NOT attempt!:lol

I look forward to seeing all of the amis as they get done!

I don't have a skein with the pink tones, but I do have a sugar'n'cream that's white with bits of blue and green and yellow.

I did get hubby to buy me an "F" hook when he went to Wally-World this evening, and he came home with an "E", but that's probably providence, since I crochet loose. (And since we spent almost $400 at the vet:cat on Friday, I figured if he got me the hook without complaining, I'm CERTAINLY NOT going to complain that he got the wrong size hook! :whew)

This will be my first ami - I've never really been into it before, but that darn kitten was just TOO cute to NOT attempt!:lol

Thats a cute kitten. I saved the pattern to try later. Thanks. :)

I have saved the pattern, I would like to make amigurumi, they look so cute.

This little Flitter Bunny rides all day on my purse & I made her to show people what I do.

1150892311_f6fff509c3_m.jpg

She was a real life saver on the trip to the Ren Fair yesterday, my friend's little daughter was getting fussy in the car, so I unclipped Bunny and passed her to the back seat, where she got loving and crackers fed to her. :lol Bunny is made of baby alpaca yarn, with silk, mohair,and cashmere wings. I'll be making another one in similar colors, to give to Abby.

This little Flitter Bunny rides all day on my purse & I made her to show people what I do.

She was a real life saver on the trip to the Ren Fair yesterday, my friend's little daughter was getting fussy in the car, so I unclipped Bunny and passed her to the back seat, where she got loving and crackers fed to her. :lol Bunny is made of baby alpaca yarn, with silk, mohair,and cashmere wings. I'll be making another one in similar colors, to give to Abby.

She is cute. :yes

that bunny is soooo cute!

I'll jump in! I am working on my first one too. Actually, I think it may be more of a stuffed animal, but who knows. It will be slow going since I will only be able to work at night when the kids are in bed. So far, it's taking a good amount of concentration...and I've only done two rounds! I need to find something to mark my rounds before I go on. Oh...I'm making a monkey.

I'll jump in! I am working on my first one too. Actually, I think it may be more of a stuffed animal, but who knows. It will be slow going since I will only be able to work at night when the kids are in bed. So far, it's taking a good amount of concentration...and I've only done two rounds! I need to find something to mark my rounds before I go on. Oh...I'm making a monkey.

i just use some yarn in a contrasting color to mark my rounds...it's easy and free

I admit - I cheated on my yarn. The yarn I was going to use for the Crochet Kitten Hook Holder, became an octopus while I was waiting FOREVER in the doctor's office waiting room. (There's a reason it's called a "waiting" room....:P)

Anyway, I now need to stuff one octopus, a mouse, and a guppy, the latter two being made of another yarn I had in my pouch. I'll probably post pics tomorrow. I don't know if the mouse & the guppy are ami, but making them sure kept me sane this afternoon.

But Trin's bunny gave me an idea - I have a ton of fuzzy pink yarn I bought on clearance at Wally-World last year, and I think Miss Kitty would look divine made out of it, although it will be quite a different look than the photo with the pattern.

• 3 weeks later...

It's been a while since I've been here, I've been so busy. Before I had dial-up but now I have DSL. I made a Amigurumi kitty for my daughter and she loves it. I'm thinking about making another. I don't have a picture of it right now, but as soon as I get one, I'll post it.

Archived