What do you use to paint yarn?

If you are talking dyeing yarn, animal fibers are easiest and they can be dyed with koolaide or food coloring. Any other material needs messy chemicals and I avoid that:)

Delta paints can be used to paint yarn and/or fabric. I am assuming that would mean cotton yarn, perhaps, exclusively. I just bought a skein of cotton worsted weight to try it myself. I'm a google freak...google delta paints on fabric and you'll find directions, etc. I posted about wanting to knit or crochet a "canvas" and paint it recently here, but there were no replies...so maybe it hasn't been tried ??? I'll let you know how it turns out. Donna

Delta paints can be used to paint yarn and/or fabric. I am assuming that would mean cotton yarn, perhaps, exclusively. I just bought a skein of cotton worsted weight to try it myself. I'm a google freak...google delta paints on fabric and you'll find directions, etc. I posted about wanting to knit or crochet a "canvas" and paint it recently here, but there were no replies...so maybe it hasn't been tried ??? I'll let you know how it turns out. Donna

I didn't see that thread but sounds like a great idea!

Archived