HELP - Blanket Ends Are Unweaving!!!

jaredsfa2004

Question

There were a lot of color changes in my blanket, and I left plenty long of tails. I weaved in as best I could and even went several directions concealing the color in it's respected square. Slowly but surely I keep getting loosened tails, about a quarter of an inch, which I have to cut to conceal again. Does anyone have a better way to weave and conceal ends that don't want to stay hidden???

4c3e1ede78fc.jpg

7 answers to this question

Do I recognize that pattern as being made with Lion Brand Homespun? If so, that has a tendency to unravel pretty easily. What I always do with those ends of Homespun (or any type of boucle or easily unravelable type yarn) is tie a knot in the end of it and then use similar-colored sewing thread to anchor it inside of stitches. If you plan on doing this while you are making the afghan, you can plan on having these anchored ends near in relatively unnoticeable locations (along edges, etc).

In your case since the ends are already unfraying and your afghan is finished and you can't plan where to put the end, my first advice is #1 QUIT CUTTING OFF THE FRAYED ENDS!! You could create a bigger problem!!! (Eventually you will run out of yarn to cut!) :yes

Take the frayed ends and tie a knot in them right where they are now. You could even divide the frayed ends into two and tie two knots. Then anchor each knot in separate locations.

I've done this several times and it holds up well washing too.

Good luck. BTW, your afghan is very lovely, and I really like the colors you chose. It looks very comfortable and I'm sure it looks stunning in real life too. :c9

Hope this helps! :cheer

Do I recognize that pattern as being made with Lion Brand Homespun? If so, that has a tendency to unravel pretty easily. What I always do with those ends of Homespun (or any type of boucle or easily unravelable type yarn) is tie a knot in the end of it and then use similar-colored sewing thread to anchor it inside of stitches. If you plan on doing this while you are making the afghan, you can plan on having these anchored ends near in relatively unnoticeable locations (along edges, etc).

In your case since the ends are already unfraying and your afghan is finished and you can't plan where to put the end, my first advice is #1 QUIT CUTTING OFF THE FRAYED ENDS!! You could create a bigger problem!!! (Eventually you will run out of yarn to cut!) :yes

Take the frayed ends and tie a knot in them right where they are now. You could even divide the frayed ends into two and tie two knots. Then anchor each knot in separate locations.

I've done this several times and it holds up well washing too.

Good luck. BTW, your afghan is very lovely, and I really like the colors you chose. It looks very comfortable and I'm sure it looks stunning in real life too. :c9

Hope this helps! :cheer

Thanks I will have to try this!!

Archived