Double ended Crochet hooks?

Can someone please tell me what a double sided crochet hook is for? and how to use one? I keep seeing them and was wondering what I do with it but I can't for the life of me figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.

Can someone please tell me what a double sided crochet hook is for? and how to use one? I keep seeing them and was wondering what I do with it but I can't for the life of me figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.

I have a few of those. You could use it for regular afghan/tunisian crochet or use it with two colors of yarn to make a reversible project. Here's a link to a tutorial on how to do this. It's not as hard as it looks and to me is fun to do.

http://www.marloscrochetcorner.com/crochetlessons.html

Let us know if you try it and how you like it.

Depending on what size/brand/length the hook is, it could be used for:

Crochenit which combines knitting and crocheting by using a knitting needle/crochet hook with a hook on each end. The Crochenit needle/hook is available in only one size (size M) and one length.

"Cro-hook," "Cro-Knit," or "Crochet on the Double" is almost the same as Crochenit - it is the art of crocheting using a double-ended hook but the hooks are in different sizes and/or lengths.

Here's some links to help you learn how to do it if you're interested:

http://www.anniesattic.com/crochet/content.html?cat_id=330&type_id=S

http://www.crochetcabana.com/specialty/crochet-double.htm

If the hooks are the same length as regular crochet hooks, then you're probably looking at Double-ended or Travel Hooks which are double-ended hooks that have a different size hook on each end. They may also be known as travel hooks because they reduce the number of crochet hooks necessary to carry when traveling.

HTH! :hook

I love mine! My doubled ended hook is the same size on both ends and I use it to do crochet on the double patterns. Here's a 'ghan I made for my sisters wedding using it, and it makes your work reversable... I'm also making squares for a swap with it... the directions I have from The Needlecraft Shop are so easy to follow!

black.jpg

pink.jpg

a2.jpg

squarespurple.jpg

Man that is so cool!! I've heard of the double ended hooks and reversible work, but never really looked into what they were all about. That is awesome! I really want to try that one of these days!

i will have to give this a try someday. The next time I go to ac moore I think I will pick one of these up so that I can try this

I know if you try it you'll like it. I did when I tried it. :yes

well I went to ac moore and I forgot to grab one of these lol but I got my yarn needles so I can whipstitch a ganh together. At least I didn't forget everything. I probably would have remembered if I wasn't picking out yarn with my sister lol

Archived