Other crafty hobbies?

I love lots of crafts. I sewed my own clothes for 15 years, I made and designed fabric animals and dolls for 10 years that I sold professionally. I cross stitch and have many of my items hanging in my home. I love scrapbooking, rubber stamping, and card making. I can knit, but I don't enjoy it as much as crocheting. I have crocheted practically non stop my whole life. I even consider baking and cooking a craft and enjoy that as well. Crafts fill my entire life, I am always making something....I fall asleep planning my next project. Probably I'm obsessive and excessive, but it is something that brings me much joy and fills my life with great satisfaction. I have never been bored or idle.

Embroidery was the first craft I learned, and I still love to do it, though I do a lot less since I started crocheting. I'm a bumbling seamstress, but I do have a sewing machine and hope to get better at sewing. I can see myself as a quilter someday... I also am trying to get into jewelry making, but I haven't gotten much further than buying supplies.

wow, that is a tuff one to answer... I LOVE:manyheart to crochet(anything from yarn to

thread) but i have done, plastic canvas, cross stitch, silk ribbon embroidery,beaded items,pergamano(parchment paper crafting),punch embroidery, small wooden items(painting them),using the sizzix with pop cans,. I think i could go on & on.:eek this is why my craft room is a MESS. TOOOOO many different types of crafts. i just cant organize them properly. LOL also like to sew. ( had 4yrs of home ec classes) actually i'm in the process of trying to find a serger!!!:think just like i need ANOTHER crafting tool. judy:cheer

is "needle tatting" different from tatting?
It is different, I think it's easier!!!

I love tatting, needle tatting, counted cross stich, plastic canvas and (I'm trying a new one) Mini Mosaics!!! But crochet is my favorite!!!

Lets see now.... besides crocheting...

I; knit, sew, counted cross stitch, photography, beaded jewelry, paint, gallery glass (fake stained glass product),plastic canvas, make cards from the photos and minimal scrapbooking supplies, garden, make my own beads from poly-resin clay, make candles.

Is that it??? I think so. Maybe....

I dont do all of it all the time. Havent done any P.C in a while, or candlemaking.

Besides crocheting. I enjoy sewing. I try to make some of my clothes and my little girl's clothes. Lately though I haven't been much in the mood to do any sewing. Crocheting is all I want to do right now.

I actually came to crocheting after learning how to do other kinds of "needlecrafts". My gran taught me to sew on a machine when I was in early gradeschool, and I've made lots of skirts and dresses for myself over the years. (I haven't been brave enough to make shirts or pants yet!) I love using my sewing machine! :manyheart I also do cross-stiching and embroidery, and I'm trying to teach myself how to do some patchwork quilting. I also like to make my own stationary...and I'm often tempted to get into stamping...but not right now. Oh, and I like to scrapbook, too!

So many crafts...so little time!:coo

Oh my goodness....I've always been a crafter...but crocheting is my passion. I also use polymer clay to make handles on my crochet hooks, among other things. I do decopage, painting, make cards, make cigar box pocketbooks, greeting cards for family, I have a craft room in my basement, and its OVERFLOWING, but I absolutely love it. My husband says I'm kooky cause I have all kinds of patio lights strung up all over my ceiling, but I love my craft room. :hook

Archived