I'm getting an Edgerydoo!!!

Scc, I've been using two pieces of foam board taped together and wrapped in plastic wrap...don't think it's stiff enough cuz as I've been using it today, I notice my fleece isn't punctured completely in some spots.:think May have to plan another trip to lowes.

i have been trying to figure out what to use....how would a thick rubber mat work? that was suggested last night at dinner. I couldnt find the items menttioned with the instructions....a neighbor works for 84 lumber and brought home a flyer and said this was as close as he could get but it is expensive like $25 a sheet!

Yikes! I didn't visually get to see it at lowes but I know Home Depot has Stedi-R made by Georgia Pacific in the insulation section....a rather large sheet was about $13...cut in half it would make a nice size pad I'm sure.

I couldn't find anyone to cut it for me, so I left cuz I was in a hurry. I ended up finding the foam boards at Michaels on sale 50% off....$1.39 each!

I'd be afraid the awl would keep getting stuck in a rubber mat, but it might work really well. It's worth a shot.:yes

Hi Ladies. I hope that you don't mind me chiming in. Remember that you can use a stack of corrugated cardboard that is about 1/2 to 1 inch thick. You can also use ceiling tiles and some Home Depots and Lowe's sell them individually. The foam board will work great as long as you put one layer of corrugated cardboard on top. You can't reuse the cardboard very many times but it does work and is cheap. We suggest the Stedi-R because you can make one that you can reuse over and over and over again but the last time that we checked the price it was under $10 for the sheet. It sure has gone up or maybe prices vary from state to state. I am so excited that all of you are excited about using it. Marleen

:cheer

I'll get dh to take me over to Lowe's, even though I do have a ceiling tile here.

Can't wait to use it. :) My first project is for my niece, lives in Dallas, but loves LSU. Going to buy some LSU fleece, haven't figured out anything beyond that! I should be on it by the weekend.

Mine came in while I was on vacation at the cottage. I have made a ton of washcloths so far. My hubby and son think I have completely lost it now....especially with such a weapon as a "tool"......LOL

I actually turned the shipping box that the Edgerydoo came in upside down and have been using that so far.

Archived