teddy bear issues

kiwikitti

Question

I am crocheting a teddy bear from the lion brand website. http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/cchs-teddy.html This one to be exact. Everything was going swimmingly until the body. It goes from working in spiral rounds to suddenly chain 1 and turn rounds. It seems a bit abrupt to me and I don't really want to continue on until I can figure it out if this is right. I suppose it would be since they don't have any corrections on the page but it just seems really odd to suddenly start working in rounds that way instead of the spiral type of rounds. Has anyone else done this pattern? Or really... could this just be a major typo on the part of the pattern writer to go from one style to another suddenly in the middle of a project?

3 answers to this question

I just kind of gave up on it and decided that I needed to keep going in rounds. For the body part: Rnd 16: *Sc in next 9 sc, dec 1; repeat from * around (60 sc). Ch 1, join, turn. There isn't anything to join to since the previous rows were working in spiral rounds. I think that the person typing just looked at the part where the ear pattern was written and just kept putting "Ch 1, join, turn" since in that part (which is directly above where the body pattern is written) you CAN join and turn. It's been working just fine by ignoring that part and just treating it the way i did the rest of the pattern that was similar.

But yes, I did check the for corrections or errors that were noted, but there isn't one up there for that particular pattern. I think it was just a typographical error. Just a very annoying typographical error

Archived