placemats

What shape placemat would y'all put on an oval table? I just found an oval placemat pattern ( http://crochet.about.com/od/ovalpatterns/ss/ovalphotos.htm) and wonder if it would look okay or if I should just make simple rectangular ones? Do you think that placemats would be a good Christmas gift for my mom?

Samantha

I have an oval table also, I use oval placemats, but am going to be making rectangle ones for it, so I think either is good.

The one you posted looks great. :hook:yarn

I like the look of rectangular placemats on an oval table, but I think whichever way you choose will work. I think placemats would be a cool gift for your mom. :)

Oval placemats are great on rectangular or oval tables. If you think your mom would appreciate the work and the effort and the love, go for it. (there have been threads around here where people thought they were doing good but the recipient wanted nothing to do with it....) I would think they were lovely but never use them, my DH is waaaay too good at spilling things and ruining even cheap ones, I'd feel horrid if he ruined something so nice!

I like the pattern you posted, but I would want it a little more flat (i.e. not so close to a circle...)

that is a beautiful pattern.thanks for posting it.u can do whatever u wish.whatever u think is the best.i think this place mat would be pretty anywhere.hug s rae-dean

Archived