Edging ideas for basketweave blanket

Hooked

Question

7 answers to this question

I did what Redbird51 did -- sc 4 or 5 rows. Instead of doing the final row as reverse SC, I did a twisted SC. Reverse SC gives a nice tapered edging; the twisted SC gives a flat tapered edging with a cord look. I find Reserse SC to be difficult on my wrists.

Twisted SC = Just before pulling through the final loop of the SC, twist your hook entirely around (like a helicoptor blade) and when back to the start, finish the SC.

I thought about a sc border, maybe about an inch wide. Was it difficult to keep it even and flat with the basketweave pattern?

I've never done either the reverse sc or the twisted sc but I'll have to try both at some point. The twisted sc sounds interesting. If I've seen it, I didn't know what it was.

Thanks!

Lot's of creative people here...any other ideas?

MaryPat, thanks for the twisted sc. Just tried it, and it gives a really neat affect.

Glenda

I really like it because I find the reverse SC so torturous to my wrists. Sometimes if I'm using it as the final row on an afghan that has several rows of SC first, I do a twisted SC,then CH1 and do the second twisted SC. I skip the corresponding SC in the row below the CH1 (boy, this is difficult to write sensibly.)

Archived