lily chin's dress

Hi,

I'm not new new I was on the forum before you guys changed. I made a copy of the crocheted dress Ms. Badu wore if any of you guys remember me. Well, I'm working on another dress and this one if for me. I just wanted to know if anyone else has made the Lace Dress? And what yarn did you use and what did you line it with?

nelson

Do you mean the one from last years Interweave Knits Crochet mag? I have not made it, but I look forward to seeing the discussion on it. The yarn it requires is about a sport weight or is it less? I have some Endless Summer Collection Sonata (from Elann) that has a beautiful feel and might be a good option for this dress.

Ooh - if anyone's made this, I wanna see it! I've been seriously thinking about tackling this one, it doesn't look all that hard. Except maybe for finding the right yarn for the project, particularly on my budget at present. I'd also like to modify the cap sleeves a bit, make them longer - I have rather wide shoulders and large upper arms which don't go too well with those dainty caps, need more coverage in that area.

Of all the lovely patterns in that magazine, the dress was my favorite! Ms. Chin seems to be one very talented lady, I'm impressed!

I so want to make that dress! I finish my MA in Sept and if I go to New Zealand for my PhD, school doesn't start until Feb, which gives me 4 months off, plenty of time to tackle that project. I can't wait! :hook

:frog

hi,

I'm using Adreinne Vittadini ( Marissa). One of my lys was having a 50% off sale and I got enough yarn for about $60. I was also thinking about using Katia (Mississippi 3) it has good yardage. This is on sale at another store and would cost about $36. You would need more of the Marissa. Both are sport, the Mississippi 3 is just a little smaller than the Marissa, but the gauge was good for both. The Marissa will be just a little heavy I think. Will see when I'm done. I just couldn't pass up the silk and cotton compared to just cotton.

Maybe I'll make it twice. ;)

nelson

Archived