Big Hook Crochet Book

hookdonU

I have mine, and although I haven't made any of the patterns yet, I think it has some really wonderful stuff in it. The shawls and shrugs are gorgeous, some cute sweaters, and I have pulled it out and drooled over it several times. Mostly wearables, a few purses, a couple of afghans and pillows. Enjoy yours!

Yes I can hardly wait to try some things. I scored on some bulky yarn at the Goodwill last weekend in emerald green so I'm itching but have a couple other WIPS to finish first.

YES! i decided to commit the majority of my crochet time to larger hook items for a while since i work during the day...and when I realized that this book was organized by chapters of hook size, i bought it without a second thought.

I am an afghan person, and wouldn't try too many of the clothing patterns because I believe adding bulk to my frame is bad, BUT, I DO LIKE most of of the basic design shapes!...so i may try one but I dunno.

be warned that a few patterns call for a hook size that cannot be found in my local JoAnn's or Micheal's any longer (for now). A tunisian size P or two exist in this book. you'll find them online at Ebay or Moez if you don't already know.

I love the photography on the cover, the organization of chapters by hook size going from K hook, L, M, N, P, & Q. I will actually DO one or two of the afghan patterns from this book, but like having the required yardage and finished look of larger hook afghans available there for me to go reference.

I just bought this today plus 2 other books, Learn to crochet in just one day and 280 crochet shell patterns at my local joanns store today. the big hook crochet book has very nice patterns in it for using big hooks maybe you can modify some of the clothing patterns for use with a smaller hook and thinner yarns to avoid that bulky look.:hook I bought 2 of the books using 40% off coupons.:yes

be warned that a few patterns call for a hook size that cannot be found in my local JoAnn's or Micheal's any longer (for now). A tunisian size P or two exist in this book. you'll find them online at Ebay or Moez if you don't already know.

Actually, you can get large hooks on-line here:

http://www.turn-of-the-century.com/bighook.htm

I've ordered from him before and I just adore my P hook.

Archived