Mailing Crochet - safe?

Funny story sorta... I mailed a package to a friend in rural Thailand, and another package to my mom in Indiana... The Thailand package arrived FIRST. I find that, depending on where it's going (and how close to the big city) overseas mail usually takes about 7-10 days. Sometimes quicker!

Hey Darski,

I am so glad I found this thread!

I have a little girl here who knows where one of your packages is....:lol

Please pm me and let me know how she can tell you where it ended up

Helen

Ps: this girl is just killing me, here :rofl

Darski: I once sent something to Canada, and there were no problems with it. I even had 2 packages sent to me from two different areas up there (Toronto and Vancouver) and it took 6 weeks for one of them to arrive, whereas the other took only two. Someone told me they sent me something from Canada, but it still hasn't arrived--and she sent it this past April! :eek

For more years than I care to remember, I have sent and still do send packages all over the globe from the U.S. and have never had a problem. I list the contents as accurately as I can but rarely put any more than $5 or $10 value on it. Since I don't insure them, the value doesn't matter much, I think. Each country has a different level of efficiency and equipment available for "tracking".....some work, some don't. I personally think the US has a great Postal Service and don't really have any complaints with them.

• 1 month later...

Here is a good one for you. I go to the P.O. 2-3 times a week. I sell alot of items from my shop. I mail out a lot of small pkgs. some in regular size envelopes.

I received a convo from one of my customers telling me that she received the envelope but that someone had opened it, took out the contents and sent the empty envelope on it's way to her :eek , (all here in the U.S.!) (she is a reliable customer, she buys alot from me)

Well we both know that it was an inside job :yes at the post office because she has a mailbox at the post office and I mail all my stuff at the post office. Can you imagine that, they continued to mail it anyway?! :think

I now put clear tape all over and around the small envelope so the postal worker would have to take sissors to open it :D and that would make it real obvious that she was opening someone else's mail and stealing :yes, I haven't had a problem since then :no

So beware of what you are sending and how you are packaging it!

Hey Darski,

I am so glad I found this thread!

I have a little girl here who knows where one of your packages is....:lol

Please pm me and let me know how she can tell you where it ended up

Helen

Ps: this girl is just killing me, here :rofl

Sorry I missed this. I am glad that she like them.

• 2 weeks later...

I mailed avon to Canada and it took almost a month. It took about a week to get to the port and then it stayed there. The person who purchased it was extremely upset because it had taken so long.

The main reason was someone had sent her avon before and sent it as "media mail" yes it was cheaper but seems like the port opened and checked to make sure it was media. She had paid the person money to ship the package as a regular package but they chose to make a little profit. Sad thing is when she was finally able to track it down she had to cover the cost, take some heat from her post office, and was threatened with "whenever packages come through for you we will inspect."

Don't ever ship it media no matter how tempting it may seem. At least when it has to go through customs.

Archived