Bar stitch

Dorothy

Question

:blush I have a pattern that is done in Filet and it calls for a stitch that is called Bar Stitch I can not find how to do it so can some one help me out and tell me how to do it or refer me to some directions:hook

8 answers to this question

Hass Design has awesome instructions on his site ( http://hassdesign.com/BasicFiletTechniques/ ). I don't see a bar stitch mentioned, though. It could be it's a different name for a stitch.

Is this a free pattern online that you could share the link to? Or maybe you can tell by looking at the link I posted and comparing it to the picture in the pattern.

Sally

Hi Darski

I do not know but it seems like it might I am going to put a picture of it in my photopocket so every one can see what it looks like

Okay, then it sounds like one of the stitches described at Hass Design? You would 'cover' 2 blocks (or spaces) with the ch5, leaving two open spaces as one long one.

Okay, after several minutes, I can finally open Hass Design. What is described looks like the top half/2nd row of the lacet stitch.

I do use that site alot, and love looking at his filet patterns (have bought a few but have yet to make them!)

Sally

:think Could the "bar" be the chain between the stitches which form the filet?

Generally referred to as a CH Space.

Could be?

May not but could be.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

Sorry, I got completely off track on this question. My brain was engaged elsewhere... not been a thinking time lately fer shure! :rofl

:think:manyheart Darski

we all have days like that mine is all the time LOL

Archived