JoAnn's Expanded Yarn Department

luckybmr

Stopped in my local JoAnn's store - one of the bigger, newer ones last week and the yarn department was a mess. They were re-arranging. So, I stopped back this morning and was shocked. They had added much more yarn. They now have Vanna's yarn $2.99. The colors are beautiful and I will have to pick out some patterns to get some of the Vanna yarn. They also had her two new pattern books, but I resisted and didn't get them. Lots of new yarn like bamboo, alpaca (no not Alpie or Alphonse), soy and so much other I can't remember. They have the Bernat huge skeins of cotton and other yarn for $7.99 I think - I got two with my 50% off coupons. They also had lots of new pull off patterns for fall and Christmas.

Didn't see anything new in the hook area. The clearance area had all the yarns together instead of all over the aisles. I got Senso in denim and a natural color for $0.97 each. They had a lot of speciality yarn for $0.50 and $0.97.

Lots of new pattern books.

Little skimpy on Christmas stuff - maybe still a little too early.

They expanded the one that I go to too. They even brought back the caron simply soft yarn.I saw lots of new books and leisure arts books too.:clap I even picked the latest issue of Crochet! magazine. Also bought the crochet book "Hooks from start to finish".:hook

I saw something new from Provo-craft. I can't remember the exact name of the product, but it was something about Ergonimic Hooks, and they were interchangeable? It had a bunch of interchangeable hooks to attach to the main handle. It was $19.99. I almost bought it with my coupon, but had to refrain. Maybe next time! I was this at Jo-annes. Michelle

I hit a JoAnn's I usually don't go to today, they didn't have Vanna's yarn but they did have her books. Asked if books were a craft item, got a yes, so had to buy her afghan book, used the 50% coupon from the flyer. Got hooks for $.50, I'm always loosing mine. Charlene

oh how i long for a craft store... no joanns, hobby lobby, michaels, herrschners or any other shops here in quebec, just walmart and zellers (the company that bought Kmart here)

You and me both. My nearest HL, Michaels or Joanns is 3 hours away. Our Kmarts were all bought by Sears here; it will take me awhile to get used to seeing Craftsman tools in KMart!! :lol

Archived