Yarn at the Farm Market!

:llama Went to the local once-weekly farmers market today and found the nearby alpaca ranch was vending! Their yarn looked great but was $15 and $20 for a small skein. :no Rats! Maybe someday, for a very special project.....

I had a friend tell me the other day she passed a pasture containing alpaca....I started hatching evil plans to shear them after dark!!!:lol Just jokin', hope you find a great excuse to make a purchase. :hook

I am in Omaha NE and no one sells yarn at the Farmer's Market here but we took our honeymoon in WI and a vendor sold the most beautiful yarn I have ever seen. It was also running about $15/skein. A little rich for my blood but when I bust the stash I have, my next run of yarn for personal projects and gifts will be more luxury yarns.

if you want to try out alpaca there is a seller on ebay i love called peru4less but you buy in bulk (10 skein bags) and bernat started making an alpaca blend that runs 4 bucks a ball here in canada so i imagine less in the states!

I don't know if peru4less was the seller, but I have bought 10 skein bags of alpaca on ebay for $15 a bag. It's sport weight and it works up really nicely!

Elle

Archived