Walmart in PA - GOOD NEWS!

charkitty

Just went to Walmart in Upper Chichester (Boothwyn), PA and was informed that both the yarn and fabric departments will be staying put! They have a new manager who has vowed to fight to keep these departments. He transferred to PA from another Walmart (in VA, I think) and said they eliminated the yarn/fabric departments there and are still trying to recover from that BAD move!!!

Also, Lion Brand Suede was on sale for $2.75...limited colors.

The Eddystone, PA Walmart is replacing the fabric dept. with a "Party Land" dept. Yarn is about 1/4 what it used to be. They were still in the process of remodeling...store is a mess!

charkitty

im crossing my fingers for you, but really if it is a company wide decision the manager probably wont have a lot of say. here they are slowly closing in on the fabric but they recently expanded the yarn dept. i sew aswell so am a bit sad but i crochet/knit WAY WAY more than i sew and there are always lots of fabric stores where there are not dedicated yarn stores (well RH Caron Bernat etc obviously LYSs) i was doing a little dance i nthe yarn aisle when i saw a bunch of new brands/styles (i was the only one in the aisle)

I have not been to walmart for a while *I hate how they "organize" the store near me* but last time I was there, the yarn was not as large as it once had been.

Even hobby lobby seems to be slowing down on the yarn. I was there yesterday and it seemed like the brands just aren't there anymore. :eek

That sounds good to me! Actually, my Wal-mart keeps getting fabric in our department, new scrapbooking stuff, and the yarn is still pretty much there. It's stocked mostly all the time. Sewing machines, notions, knifty knitter stuff, hooks, books, all that. I have a hard time believing it's all going to disapear! It may, but till then, I have fun! Michelle

Archived