In Need of Desiging Help!

tita

Question

I have someone helping me design my business cards, logos and banners etc... The problem is she doesn't know one thing about knitting/crocheting! My business name is "Variegated Knits" and I was trying to tell her what exactly "variegated" meant. I ended up giving her the dictionary meaning! I've started a home based business making accessories that are either sewn, knitted, crochet or all of the above! She's having trouble understanding.aug08_031.gif

Does anyone out there have any suggestions? Do you think some sort of picture depicting "change" would be something good for a logo? Like a butterfly coming out of a cocoon? I don't know!!! Pleeeeese!!! Help!aug08_005.gif

BTW, she's very talented and came up with some great designs. I'll have to post her site. She makes these handmade cards. Too cute. She also makes these "Parent" cards. It's like business cards for parents so the kids can pass them out to thier mom's and dads as contact info. Genius.

5 answers to this question

She also makes these "Parent" cards. It's like business cards for parents so the kids can pass them out to thier mom's and dads as contact info. Genius.

Also called Social Networking Cards. I've gotten a few from my friends but still haven't gotten around to making my own. lol

Her site is very nice and her cards are cute.

I think I wouldn't do the butterfly/cocoon thing. It's overused and kind of misleading in what you are selling; in my opinion.

I might go with the cliche of hooks, needles (sewing and knitting), scissors, etc. combinations so people know what they are getting.

Or maybe just the butterfly or some other thing that's unique to you.

Just my thoughts. Can't wait to see what you end up with.

I would send her some pictures of some variegated yarns and threads to show her what it is and then try to tell her the concept you are trying to create with the visual. Maybe an item or your logo going from a crocheted look to a knitted look to a sewing look... a time line sort of style

You could use a crochet pattern or knit pattern for the back of your card. Also, I think that having a logo that represents what you do is good. Like knitting needles, or crochet hooks with different material flowers or something!

Archived