Trouble Understanding Edging Instructions

craftygal24

Question

Hello Everyone! :hi

I'm in the process of creating a little bag for my Nintendo DS. (Yes, I'm almost twenty-five and I still play video games :P) I'm just about finished with it, but there's one place that's got me stuck, the edging instructions.

They read: finish off with single crochet edge, working into both thicknesses as necessary.

That's it, no more, no less. I've never done a piece with edging before, so I'm unsure as to where to place my hook or what these instructions mean. If someone could please give me a hand, I'd greatly appreciate it.

:ty in advance!

5 answers to this question

Is it two crocheted pieces that you have to put together? If so, holding both pieces together, insert your hook into a corner, and single crochet evenly around. If you're working across a row, sc in each stitch across. If you're working at the ends of rows, I would stitch one single crochet in the end of each row. Make sense?

And just for the record, I'm 24 and still love video games. :D I figure it'll be a lifelong obsession.

Is it two crocheted pieces that you have to put together? If so, holding both pieces together, insert your hook into a corner, and single crochet evenly around. If you're working across a row, sc in each stitch across. If you're working at the ends of rows, I would stitch one single crochet in the end of each row. Make sense?

And just for the record, I'm 24 and still love video games. :D I figure it'll be a lifelong obsession.

I would still be playing Spyro (1.2.3) , Jak and Daxter and Tony Hawk if I still had custody of the playstation :rofl and I can more than double the age of either of you.

About this pattern, can you give us an idea of what you are making. Is it

bigger than a breadbox or just a little game boy?

I'm in the process of creating a little bag for my Nintendo DS. (Yes, I'm almost twenty-five and I still play video games :P)

Hey, I'm 32 and playing DS as well. As they say "Age ain't nothin' but a number." :yay

Darski, I'm just guesstimating here, but a DS is about 7"x4"x1". I don't have mine on me, otherwise I'd give you exact measurements. They are nifty little things. You should check them out :)

Ok, so now I can see where this is going :wlol

This might help you to see what they want....

http://www.crochetcabana.com/tutorials/joining_squares5.htm

Are you unsure of where you would be joining two parts or does this just seem new to you all 'round (:help:shrug:rofl )

Thanks guys! I get it now! I'm still new, as you can tell. The pieces I've worked thus far have required little shaping and no edging. The throw I worked for my mother was worked in one solid piece and the fridgies I've done are also of course, small pieces. :)

I'll post my DS bag for you guys to see when I get it finished!

As for Spyro, ROCK ON! I love that game so much! Nora is right, you should check out the DS! You can play both regular gameboy advance games or Nintendo DS game cards on it. It's pretty neat. I'm glad to see I'm not the only gamer here too! :lol I just love you guys! :bheart:ghug

Archived