Please Help me understand this PLEASE???

Aelita

Question

Okay I am trying to make this Bubble Romper Set but I am stuck. I have two different questions for you. Okay question number one is this. It's says Ch 40, then sc around the row for this do I sc in the stitches like normal or what does that mean?

Question two is this it says to do HDC sets and theinstructions for the hdc set is this: hdc,hdc,hdc,ch.3+loop. I am so confused at that part as well. I don't know if I should do three hdc's, ch3 and loop in the same stitch or if I should hdc in three diferent stitches and then do the ch.3+ loop. I contacted the owner of the pattern a couple of days ago and no response. I am trying to get this done soon and figured if I asked here I may just get some help. Any help o these questions will be greatly appreciated and thank you for reading this.

18 answers to this question

I'm so happy you finally got it - sorry I wasn't more help - I couldn't see the picture clearly and just couldn't visualize the effect. Yes - please post when you are done - can't wait to see it!

Yes thanx alot and she hasn't gotten back to me yet. She has beautiful patterns on lulu.com and I may just buy more of her patterns b/c they are so beautiful. I shall be posting the finished outfit on here later today b/c it's fast once I got past that part lol.

I got it!!! Finally I frogged it at least four times and drank two cups of :coffee but I got it!! And Crocus58 and Darski I have you both to thank for sticking it out with me so thank you to you both:hug . Okay but what she meant by this part:

Bodice:

Ch 40

row 2: sc around row (40 sts)~ do 40 sc's in the chain I'm guessing

row 3: Complete 2 HDC sets, 3 hdc in next st, ch 3+ loop

Complete 2 hdc sets, 3 hdc in next st, ch 3+ loop

Complete 4 hdc sets, 3 hdc in next st, ch 3 + loop

complete 2 hdc sets, 3 hdc in next st, ch 3+ loop

complete 1 hdc set, hdc, hdc, hdc~ for the hdc set I do three hdc's in three stitches but when I get to the end of the third hdc, I pull the yarn through the first two loops on the hook then I ch. 3 and pull the yran through that last loop. Then for the 3 hdc in next st, ch 3 +loop is basically I do 3 hdc in the same stitch but just like before when I get to the third hdc I pull the yarn through only two of the three loops, then I ch 3 and pull the yarn through the last loop. That's what gives it that little bit of puff to it. If you saw the pic in the link I gave I'm doing the peach colored one but mine is going to be baby pink and soft yellow. I am so happy I finally got it and thank you so much Crocus58 and Darski for your help I really appreciate it alot group hug:ghug lol.

There almost seems to be a LOOP stitch in some of those pictures. It just doesn't make sense with a ch 3 to do a loop stitch but who is to say... :think

I am still clinging to my picot theory. :sigh:rofl

When did you write to the author? with the weekend over, she may get back to you yet.

It does not look like a cluster, I'd do the 3hdc's in 3 separate stitches, follow the pattern for a bit and see how it looks. If you still aren't getting it, we'll try again . . . .

Sorry it took so long to get back - I was at work and only just got home.

I concur with Darski about the 40 "around"

on the hdc sets, I think it's an hdc in 3 stitches, then the loop, because the 3 hdc and loop in the last stitch is specifically spelled out. If it was meant to be a cluster, you'd think it would be written "complete 3 hdc sets" not "complete 2 hdc sets, 3hdc in next stitch + loop"

does that make sense? Does the pattern have a "shell stitch" apperance?

That's what I'm thinking for the sc part but from the pic which is in pdf and I have no idea how to put it on here but the loop part stitcks out kind of like a popcorn stitch I found somthing similiar on Annie's Attic site that was called a Berry Stitch. The one main thing I was wondering is about is the part for the HDC Sets have you ever seen that before? If so do you know how it's done or if there is a tutorial anywhere?

One way to get a picture from a PDF is to get it on screen and then use the Print screen button on your key board.

go to your Paint program and use Edit/paste and the picture will be there for you. You can crop to only the part you need.

One quick note, post a link to the pic rather than the pic itself... if you can do that.

I really don't know anything about this stitch. I will check the Berry stitch to see if it helps here.

just a couple of thoughts...

When I write patterns, I usually say, sc across row. I am guessing that her "around" is just another way to say the same thing.

Regarding the hdc and loop... is is possible that she means a Picot stitch worked into the top of the last hdc you make.

It looks like she is establishing a pattern of 3hdc and a picot. (the 3hdc in one stitch maintains the pattern and causes an increase...)

It could happen :eek

That's what I'm thinking for the sc part but from the pic which is in pdf and I have no idea how to put it on here but the loop part stitcks out kind of like a popcorn stitch I found somthing similiar on Annie's Attic site that was called a Berry Stitch. The one main thing I was wondering is about is the part for the HDC Sets have you ever seen that before? If so do you know how it's done or if there is a tutorial anywhere?

just a couple of thoughts...

When I write patterns, I usually say, sc across row. I am guessing that her "around" is just another way to say the same thing.

Regarding the hdc and loop... is is possible that she means a Picot stitch worked into the top of the last hdc you make.

It looks like she is establishing a pattern of 3hdc and a picot. (the 3hdc in one stitch maintains the pattern and causes an increase...)

It could happen :eek

Bodice:

Ch 40

row 2: sc around row (40 sts)

row 3: Complete 2 HDC sets, 3 hdc in next st, ch 3+ loop

Complete 2 hdc sets, 3 hdc in next st, ch 3+ loop

Complete 4 hdc sets, 3 hdc in next st, ch 3 + loop

complete 2 hdc sets, 3 hdc in next st, ch 3+ loop

complete 1 hdc set, hdc, hdc, hdc

and the instructions she gives for making the sets is HDC Set= HDC, HDC,HDC, CH3+LOOP. For the loop she put LOOP=pull loop through last HDC ST, inside loop.

I have it in pdf I bought it off of Lulu.com there is no stitch count at the end and it's not joined b/c there will be buttons in the back

I'm a tad confused, but that's a normal state of mind for me . . .

"chain 40 around the row" are you crocheting this in the round? Perhaps that's what is meant . . .

for the hdc sets, if you were to do all of those stitches in one stitch, that would be a lot of increases, unless it is a shell of some sort. . . does it give you a stitch count for any of the rows? What are the directions for the row directly after. My thought would be that each hdc is in a new stitch.

Could you give a link to the pattern (if it's an on line one) or the rows before and after the confusion sets in?

Archived