Berroco Celia

paperflowers

Question

4 answers to this question

counts dont add up at all, even if you aren't counting turning chain.

1dc in 4th ch

8dc

1hdc

equals 10 stitches, and if you count the turning chain it would be 11 stitches.

i think also you need to read the rest of row1:

Row 1 (RS): Dc in 4th ch from hook and in next 8 ch, hdc in last ch, ch 2 (corner made), turn to bottom loops of foundation ch, hdc in first loop, dc in next 8 loops – 9 sts on first side of ch and 9 sts on 2nd side of ch. Ch 3, turn.

you're only counting the dc, don't count the hdc, so you should have 9dc on each side of your chain PLUS 1hdc ch2 1hdc at the very top which creates the turn

I tried working it a few times. I'm not sure if I should leave out the last dc and hdc there or dc and hdc in last stitch. Then, when I turn, do I hdc in the same st's bump or the next one? I'm usually good at reading patterns - might have to abandon this one ;(.

i made this shirt twice, one for me and one for a friend what you are doing it is 1 turning ch-3, 8 dc, one hdc in the end, ch-2 in the same place as the last hdc work one more (makes a little HDC V-st) then work 9 dc across the reverse side of the original ch, you are making like a little "hill" up one side and down the other. it is making the cups tall and wide. good luck if you need any more help pm me

Archived