Has anyone ever tried this?

I have some great patterns that would love to turn into crochet afghans or throws. My problem is they are for cross stitch or plastic canvas. Has anyone ever tried to turn a cross stitch or plactic canvas graph into a crochet piece? :think:interest I think I may just have to try this.

I've turned a monochrome cross stich pattern into a filet doily, it worked out fairly well. I don't see why you couldn't work a multicolor cross stitch pattern into an afghan, you'd just have to do some gauge calculations to see how big the pattern would work out to in yarn.

You should pick one and join the graphghan cal!

I used a cross stitch motif of my beloved 's star sign as a chart for a motif on the arm of a jumper and it worked out fine, however i only used one colour as i wanted it to look like a tatto. i could suggest enlarging the design, finding one with no half stitches or backstitch though.Good luck

I think just about anything that was made for plastic canvas as well could easily be made as a tapestry crochet piece changing your colors as needed to make the picture........one sc for each square of a picture....try a very basic shape ...like a heart to see how it turns out.

Archived