Washing crochet "animals"

LittleJadeFrog

Question

I have quite a few stuffed animals/dolls that have been in storage. I have a craft show to go to coming up and I would like to "refresh" them. I have washed animals that have been made for the kids but I would like to be alittle more gentle with these as they are "new" and have not been played with. I also have a few that have hair that is not necessarily knotted nto for kids) and I don't want the hair to fall out.

Any ideas? :idea Delicate cycle, maybe? :scrachin I do not have a dryer so these animals will prob have to be air dried, but I can dry them at the 'mat if I have to.

5 answers to this question

If they just need to be refreshed, I think I would try one of the dry cleaner sheets. I have jackets that don't really get dirty but need refreshing and I throw them in the dryer in the bag that comes with the dry cleaner kit and they come out great.

what about just fabreezing them? If they just need a little refreshing...this might do it without the worries of misshaping or hair falling out...

Thank you all! :manyheart

I put the more delicate stuff in a pillow case and tie the end shut and then was as normal and haven't had any problems.

I just bought a pilllowcase specifically to wash blankets before I give them away (cat hair). I think I will try this!

Archived