Please help! Can't figure out increases...

craftygal24

Question

Hello all!

As most of you know, I'm still new to the world of crochet and I'm just learning some of the more involved steps. I know this is going to sound SO silly but... I don't understand the instructions for increasing in SC. :no

All of the books I have say to simply work one stitch into the last stitch you just worked into. However, I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. Does anyone know of any tutorials with pictures or a video maybe? I would greatly appreciate any help! :hug

:ty in advance!

4 answers to this question

Hello. I use this link when I don't know a st or need a refresher. What you pattern is asking you to do is sc 2x in the last sc. This would then inc that row/round by the 1 st. When a pattern calls for a sc inc it is just asking you to sc 2x in whatever st it tells you to use. If a different type of inc is needed for the pattern it should tell you what it wants you to do. Good Luck!

Please don't take this the wrong way but what you are asking about is so simple that you will be hard put to find a tutorial. Crochet cabana has a picture of this but not how to do it; she just shows it done.

http://www.crochetcabana.com/increase.htm

You do a sc into a stitch and then you do another sc into the same stitch. Later, in some cases, you will be putting a bunch of sc into the same stitch.

You are making this more complicated than it needs to be. If you just relax and let your brain consider what the words say, you will be fine. I understand how you are feeling because I tend to overcomplicate stuff myself. I have learned that if I just do what the words say, suspending judgement, I can get it right.

Please don't take this the wrong way but what you are asking about is so simple that you will be hard put to find a tutorial. Crochet cabana has a picture of this but not how to do it; she just shows it done.

http://www.crochetcabana.com/increase.htm

You do a sc into a stitch and then you do another sc into the same stitch. Later, in some cases, you will be putting a bunch of sc into the same stitch.

You are making this more complicated than it needs to be. If you just relax and let your brain consider what the words say, you will be fine. I understand how you are feeling because I tend to overcomplicate stuff myself. I have learned that if I just do what the words say, suspending judgement, I can get it right.

:ty for the help guys! You were right Darski, I was overcomplicating it. Sometimes, because I'm so darn analytical, I tend to do that. The photo helps though! None of the books I have show a clear photo. :)

I looked at the crochetcabana photo and it helped! Once again, thanks guys! :ghug

i think thats my problem...making things i am trying to learn "seem" more complicated than they are...read exactly what the words say, and if i do not understand the terminology than research it, ask...what I do now is just keep reading or looking at something till it "clicks". sometimes it does and sometimes it does not...thanks darski for the encouragement...just what I come here for.

:cheer:cheer

Archived