steel thread crochet hook help....

texasredhead

Question

I belong to the friendship granny exchange and love to crochet yarn. :hook Recently, I wanted to try make those cute squiggly hot pads. Well, I haven't done thread crochet in quite a while (I used to make doilies years ago) but now I find that the hooks are so thin that my fingers are all stiff the next day. I do have arthritis in my hands and this thin hook is really making it worse. I do have some of those rubber things to slide on them (thanks to my notions exchange partner) but you have to use such a small one to fit over it that it isn't enough. What do you other ladies do to help with this problem? :manyheart

2 answers to this question

I use the foam cushions on my steel hooks. On the one I use the most I have a foam cushion and 3 gelly pencil grippy's on it. It looks awful but it feels like heaven.

I just heard from Jimbo and my new thread hook is on it's way!!!!!!!!!

I bought some fimo clay, molded it around the tiny hook, tested the hold/grip, and baked it in the oven for one hour at 200 degrees. It gives me something to hold onto and allows me to work with thread for longer than five minutes at a time.

Archived