I've begun! I'm excited about it too!

I am making my dad and step-mom an afghan for thier 25th anniversary. It is a graph-ghan and I've already got 5 rows done. :hook

You can follow my progress by clicking on the link in my sig. I'll try to post a new pic weekly of my progress. Thier anniversary is Sept 3 so there is no way I will have it complete that soon, but my step-mom told me we didn't have to get them anything at all... suuure... :manyheart I told her that it may be late, but they're getting something, and I hope hope hope that it turns out!

My graph is in that link, and when you open it you'll see text and hearts. I bought Red Heart soft white for the background. I bought a gray for the text (silver for the 25th). I am going to simply outline the shape of the hearts in that gray and fill them with the off white. I am going to use that sparkly silver eyelash yarn to edge the whole thing since I'm not a fan of tassels.

What do you think? I could use some encouragement as I've never done a graph before, but I'm not scared of it! Please wish me luck and speed!!!

:hook

oh! I forgot that I had bought another yarn, it is off white and gray verigated, but just those two colors. I wanted to put a border on the ghan before edging with the fun fur, and I am now thinking that perhaps I'll use that color to fill the two inner hearts... what do you think? I'm still kind of uncertain what to do with the hearts, but I have scrapped all ideas of using a color as that would be just too bold. I don't want the hearts to take away from the text, as that is the most important part.

thank you both! I have visited the CAL but I needed to get going ASAP on it.

I did the xl pattern and it's only 160 stitches wide, and it's wider than it is long, so here's what I was thinking... I'll do the graph and finish that, but then I may continue with the white and double the length so that when it's folded in half you see what is graphed, and then it'll be long enough to cover up with... good idea, or not?

Please wish me luck and speed!!!

:hook

You've got it. :cheer Looks like your graphghan is 128 x 72. Actually, with the size of your graphghan, I think you can get it done by Sept 3. I've done similar sized graphghans. Depending on how much is on my plate, I could probably crochet your graphghan in about 3 weeks. (But I've done a few already.) I don't think nearly two months is out of the question. I'm assuming you're doing a border, but that shouldn't take long.

Very nice graph, your own design? I am sure they are going to treasure your gift...I know I would...continue success/progress!

yep! I just opened paint and found a font and then used some clip art, done!

LadyBeBop, there are days, or weeks, that I just don't have the time to work on my crochet, but now that I have a deadline of sorts it motivates me. I'll just do what I can do when I can do it I guess! The next two days my husband works nights so he needs quiet during the day to sleep... I'm planning on doing about ten rows each of those days and that'll get me into the hearts. :hook

Archived