Prayer Shawl / Wrap and Poem (or anytime shawl)

Noahsmom

Here is a shawl I've been making to send to people on our ever-growing prayer list. It works up very quickly! It is made of a super soft mohair yarn, very lightweight, easily packable, light enough for summer but cozy. I made up the pattern and will try and get it written up to be tested. There are 2 versions, a longer more pointed shawl and a thinner more rounded wrap. The shawl is for larger sizes and the wrap more petite sizes. I'll try to post a photo of the wrap being worn when I can get a sunny day and my hubby home at the same time! :hook

Photos are clickable

th_Crochet006.jpgth_Crochet007.jpg

That is wonderful.

My best friend just lost her 18yo daughter on June 22nd. I have been wanting to make something for her, I just don't know what. This may be the answer.

The poem finishes it off perfectly.

Verying touching! The shawl is beautiful as is the poem. If you need testers, I would love to help, my SIL's mother was just sent home for hospics from brain cancer, I would love to share your wrap with her. PM me if interested.

Thank you all. I hope my post wasn't confusing. I've made a ton of these, just showed one.

I am HAPPY to share the poem if any of our members want to use it to include with a shawl you make, I just didn't want someone to copy it and sell it or include it with something they are selling or post it to another website.

I would be happy for any of you who want to try and test the pattern to do so. Or we can have a CAL. I'm not sure which would be better? If there are a lot of people who want to make one we could do a CAL. You can pm me and let me know or post on here. I have the larger v-shaped shawl and the rounded shorter wrap, let me know which one you will be testing.

• 2 years later...
Here is a shawl I've been making to send to people on our ever-growing prayer list. It works up very quickly! It is made of a super soft mohair yarn, very lightweight, easily packable, light enough for summer but cozy. I made up the pattern and will try and get it written up to be tested. There are 2 versions, a longer more pointed shawl and a thinner more rounded wrap. The shawl is for larger sizes and the wrap more petite sizes. I'll try to post a photo of the wrap being worn when I can get a sunny day and my hubby home at the same time! :hook

Photos are clickable

th_Crochet006.jpgth_Crochet007.jpg

Beautiful shawl, lovely serenity colours. I am on number two of the gorgeous charm shawl and have already given the first one away to a chaplin at the local nursing home. It came in so handy as my mil, who was in my care, passed away last week and this lady was not only a chaplin, she was a cancer survivor.

• 4 weeks later...

Was the poem removed? I don't see the poem. Would love to read it... I'm just finishing a shawl for a young bride that was recently tragically widowed. If that's not enough the groom's parents are NOT being very nice to her. They were only married a year.... and I'm sure the parents are grieving.. but they are being very greedy. I don't even know this gal.. but have not been able to stop thinking about her since I heard the story. So am looking for an appropriate poem to package w/ the shawl.

thanks,

Kelly

Archived