Fabulous Shop_The FOLD!

CLLinda

Hi Friends,

For a while, I have been seeing an ad for The Fold, a Knitting, Spinning, and crochet shop, just outside of Marengo, IL. Today, I was in Woodstock, signing up for the County Fair, and it dawned on me that I was not that far from "The Fold" and I didn't have kids with me. That doesn't happen that often so I grabbed the opportunity and went.

I walked in and they had so much, it was unbelievable. They have things for spinners, weavers, knitters, crocheters and more. The yarn is out of this world. Just tons and tons in a rainbow of colors. They had many books, magazines, and patterns for all kinds of crafts.

They also had knitting needles, crochet hooks, and many other gadgets. It was a complete paradise for anyone who has any talents. I was just amazed.

The owner was very friendly and wasn't put off that I was a crocheter. We talked like old friends. It was just a fantastic place in Northern Illinois.

I told her that I plan on using the $1.00 yarn for preemie hats and she asked if I would be interested in teaching a class. (I'm thinking about it)

I plan on telling my knitting/crochet group about this place and maybe we will do a "Field Trip".

It's just off Rte 176 between Woodstock and Marengo. About 12 miles from Crystal Lake where I live. It's well worth the drive.

Just wanted to share my great experience. I spent about an hour and a half just looking, petting, and buying all kinds of things. It was a great morning!!

:manyheart

• 2 weeks later...

I LOVE THE FOLD!! My friends and I stood in line for their booth at this year's Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival. Such wonderful people and such georgeous yarn! I bought some Socks that Rock yarn by Blue Moon Fiber Arts. I should also point out that I bought it at 8:30 am - by 3 pm the booth was picked clean!

Archived