crochet today afghan

DameErin

Question

I wanted to try to make the medallion afghan in the april/may 07 issue, but I'm having a problem. Has anyone else tried this?

I'm to the first medallion section, but once again, I apparently can't read.

I think reading the pattern, it wants me to slip stitch to a marked (1) stitch, then 2 and 4, but according to the picture, it should be 2 4 and then 6.

Plus, it doesn't tell me whether to start from the right or left adding medallions.

I think I'm going to write to the magazine people, but I thought someone here may have already figured it out.

I'll bring my dancing shoes to somebody's next wedding. . . . .

:think

5 answers to this question

This is a lovely pattern. I've not tried this, but I'm looking at the picture & pattern and here's what it looks like to me:

It appears that the medallion is attached to the center circle in three places (not 4). It was goofy to cover up so much of the closeup with the 'long shot' of the afghan, because you can only really see it in one spot in the closeup. But both the closeup and long shot (with a magnifying glass:lol ) I see 3 stiches, which ties with the directions.

On the second row of the first medallion, you chain 3 (counts as dc) then sl st to any marked stitch on the center circle.

Dc in the medallion

Sl st to the center circle in the second stitch from where you first connected

DC in the medallion

Sl st to the center circle in the second stitch from the last attachment you made

So, you've made 3 attachments to the center circle - at a marked stitch, skip one, attach, skip one, attach.

The notes at the beginning of the pattern say to join in a counterclockwise direction.

Good luck. I'm looking forward to seeing this in the 'show and tell' section.

I am wondering if the diagram on page 78 might not help you to figure this one out.

normally, I would just work the pattern up to your point of inquiry but that is a ways to go.

who knows, I may get there yet... :wlol

It's the diagram that is confusing me, I think. I think the diagram indicates that the medallion should be joined in stitches 2 ,4 ,and six.

I think that the directions tell me to join the medallion in stitches 1 ,3, and four.

That's because I'm thinking a marked stitch is stitch number one.

I probably am having a mental block. I usually try to make things harder than they really are!

Thank you!

It's the diagram that is confusing me, I think. I think the diagram indicates that the medallion should be joined in stitches 2 ,4 ,and six.

I think that the directions tell me to join the medallion in stitches 1 ,3, and four.

Not to be difficult but does it really matter which stitch if it gets the job done and doesn't interfere with the rest of the ghan? this is one of those places where we should claim our power as crocheters and just do it. :wlol go Nike

Archived