Argh! Stupid mill ends.

A while back, I bought a bunch of Bernat Cool Crochet on eBay for a very nice price. In hindsight, I should have realized that yarn that's being sold by weight (16 oz) instead of by # of skeins and weight may be...um...of an odd form factor. It came in a sealed one-pound bag labeled "Factory Mill Ends" but was clearly nice quality yarn.

Today I busted it out to see what I wanted to make from it and it is just going to be disastrous to work with. The smaller skeins (maybe 1.5 - 2 oz) aren't big enough to have been turned into full skeins on their skeining machine (or whatever it's called) so they're loose and floppy and prone to knotting. The normal-size skeins are made out of two pieces of yarn-- four ends -- and they don't really start and stop in the right place so you can't work with it directly, you have to carefully untangle and roll because the threads cross themselves a million times. And, there's one super-heavy ball that's made out of two pieces of yarn that start and stop in the same place, and pull out of the center nicely, but I'll either have to work double-strand or painstaking roll both strands simultaneously into balls, because I can't work with one and then the other because they'll twist up disastrously and I'd have to keep rolling the unused one into a ball while I go along. I suppose I can get two empty TP cardboards and put them on spindles and try to wind them simultaneously that way.

So, argh, argh, ARGH. Stupid mill ends. I'm spending all day just untangling and winding the stuff. Shouldn't the seller have TOLD me they were selling mill ends? Argh!

Thanks for listening to the gripe.

E.

A while back, I bought a bunch of Bernat Cool Crochet on eBay for a very nice price. In hindsight, I should have realized that yarn that's being sold by weight (16 oz) instead of by # of skeins and weight may be...um...of an odd form factor. It came in a sealed one-pound bag labeled "Factory Mill Ends" but was clearly nice quality yarn.

Today I busted it out to see what I wanted to make from it and it is just going to be disastrous to work with. The smaller skeins (maybe 1.5 - 2 oz) aren't big enough to have been turned into full skeins on their skeining machine (or whatever it's called) so they're loose and floppy and prone to knotting. The normal-size skeins are made out of two pieces of yarn-- four ends -- and they don't really start and stop in the right place so you can't work with it directly, you have to carefully untangle and roll because the threads cross themselves a million times. And, there's one super-heavy ball that's made out of two pieces of yarn that start and stop in the same place, and pull out of the center nicely, but I'll either have to work double-strand or painstaking roll both strands simultaneously into balls, because I can't work with one and then the other because they'll twist up disastrously and I'd have to keep rolling the unused one into a ball while I go along. I suppose I can get two empty TP cardboards and put them on spindles and try to wind them simultaneously that way.

So, argh, argh, ARGH. Stupid mill ends. I'm spending all day just untangling and winding the stuff. Shouldn't the seller have TOLD me they were selling mill ends? Argh!

Thanks for listening to the gripe.

E.

It is my understanding that you can register a complaint against the seller or at least leave a negative review of this transaction.

it might speed up the process if you prepare the review and submit it to the vendor to see if she would like to make it up before her rep takes a hit. it seems that rep hits are like hitting 'em where it hurts - in the pocketbook

The seller absolutely should have disclosed that the yarn was mill ends in the auction description. I would contact the seller and see what they are willing to do about the situation. Have you already left feedback?

Archived