Ribbing.....grrrrrrr

bettycrackpot

It really doesn't start taking shape until you have a good swatch knitted up! What kind of ribbing are you doing? I suggest starting with a bigger rib, it will be easier to see. Try a 3x3 (knit 3, purl 3). You'll get it!:cheer

Your problem might be inconsistent tension in the ribbing. When you go from a knit to a purl stitch there might be too much "loose-ness" (I have no idea if this is a real word and if it is, how to spell it). The following is a direct quote from a "Cast On" magazine: "To help alleviate tension problems it is best to bring the yarn forward tightly and give a 'tug' when changing from knit to purl." This is from the February-April 2007 issue. If this makes you feel any better, I have the same problem too. I would make practice ribbing squares until you get a result with which you are satisfied. Wish you the best!

oh, i am trying (very hard) to make "powerful wrist protection" wrist cuff things in SnB. im just making a "trial" pair, so i am using 10's and sugar n cream. i WILL get this. eventually. i swear. :)

Archived