Your making what?

pretty_bug01

Question

I bought this yarn because I feel in love with it, however, I rarely work with the type that has stuff sticking out of it, unless it is like a border or something. I was thinking of maybe making a pillow out of it, but then what size needle and what stitch would work the best....I'm just confused. Oh heres the link to the kind of yarn...http://www.modadea.com/curious.htm

Jennifer

3 answers to this question

I would take their suggestion and work with this yarn with another strand of a yarn where it is not so hard to see your stitches.

I am rather surprised that this takes an 8mm hook. I would go with an 8.5mm hook (when used with that extra strand) I would use the simplest stitch because you already have texture with the yarn.

I would recommend something geometric where you have segments with just two strands of your other yarn and portions with this special yarn +the other yarn.

I'm with Darski!

I've crocheted with the 'fluffy' yarns, and it is amazing how much difference the strand of regular yarn makes when crocheting. And the finished piece still looks fluffy:

cmvalteddy.jpg

Made with one strand worsted weight and one strand of (can't remember which) eyelash yarn.

Sally

Archived