Rag Shop is going out of business

auntbubbels

I just received an email from Rag Shop stating that they are going out of business. This is the ONLY LYS in my area. If I want yarn, I would have to go into the city or Staten Island, which incurs traveling costs - I shop there alot and can't believe they are going out of business - boo hoo :eek

I am afraid to think what I will be spending on their going out of business sale!!!!

I went there today and was disappointed. The yarn was only 20% off and there wasn't much of a selection. Just ugly colors left!!! Although the books were 40% off so I bought a few of those. Other than that, it really wasn't worth the trip. I think JoAnn's had a better sale than Rag Shop going out of business -

Is it just that Rag Shop that is going out of business?

I recently went through a store closing sale at my job. There weren't really any good deals on anything, until the last week. But, by that time all the good stuff was gone.

Maybe I should have stopped at the Rag Shop the other day that is next to the AC Moore. There's always tomorrow.

i was soooo bummed when i found out!

its the only place close to me with yarn.. the selection was never great but

i could always figure something out. *ssiiiigh* i hope i can pick up some stuff on the clearance sale.

I'm going to try a different Rag Shop, one that always seems to have better selections of yarn and see what they have there. I won a $25 American Express Gift Card the other day from my school; so I figure I can see what I can find there without violating my self imposed 'yarn diet' rule. I did offer it to my mom towards some puppy expenses she paid for me; but she said to splurge myself!

They just opened a new one around me (which made 3 locations locally) and now they are closing. Mismanagement and straying away from what made them useful in the first place. They should have stuck with fabric and yarn crafts, and not gone into "home decor". That is the same thing that closed Treasure Island a few years ago...straying away from Xmas and crafts and going to the home decor stuff that just sat there. Shame. I'll miss Rag Shop. Soon, there will be no place to purchase fabric. I guess home sewing is a dying art too.

Archived