Washing Red Heart Super Saver

suzidemars

Question

I'm making my son an American Flag afghan in Super Saver. My first project.:hook

What has been people experience with washing this stuff. Seems to me everything red I wash runs, (bad dishcloth day with peaches n cream) and I'm worried about the red and blue turning the white purple!! :eek

It's not even close to finished but this just popped into my head.

5 answers to this question

Duh. If I were a smart person I might have tried that. THANK YOU!!!!!!:cheer:clap

Just like my high school english teacher always said. "you have such a good brain Suzi I just wish you'd use it!!"

:think

I have never had red heart run either. When I went to crochet class the teacher brought in a ripple that she did many years ago with red heart and it went through many washings and still looked good and the colors were still pretty bright. Mary!

RH SS is acrylic - meaning it's synthetic. You are crocheting with plastic.

Acrylic doesn't accept dye all that well, nor does it shed dye all that much if at all (the dye is part of the filament and shouldn't bleed out. I once dyed a pair of cotton shorts that was sewn with polyester thread. The shorts were muddy brown and the thread remained white).

If you want a testimonial, my mother has the remains of a now dead tri-color afghan that is older than I am. The yarn got old and died - but it didn't fade and it never bled.

That having been said - you never know

Archived